Buying the TSS kit for my 2013 XM

cheeky24

Reaction score
So I've made my decision I'm going to order one of the TSS kit. I was thinking of buying there base kit the non intercooled kit and upgrade it so I can run up to 8lbs of boost. What do you guys think, will I be happy or should i step it up to the intercooled kit Just dont like the $8000 bill. thanks Kyle

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should work great, I ran my aero kit at 6lbs non intercooled for a whole season. Good in the trees not to hot on long pulls. If you want even performance or more boost intercooled is the way to go.

xmrider

Reaction score
I just ordered the instaboost non intercooled. Im planning on only running 6-7 pounds. With the intercooler it will also depend a little on your ambient temp. I mostly ride kakwa tumbler and pine pass so the air is usually a little cooler up here. Just something to keep in mind when deciding. Good luck with your purchase!

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Intercooler is the only way to go for the most efficient running system IMHO, you won't regret going intercooled

cheeky24

Reaction score
I found a used kit would you guys take the risk of buying a used one that might have issues or spend the extra money and go for a new one

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would buy a used kit if the price was right and all the major parts were there in nice shape.. If you were to get a tss intercooled kit for half price and install it yourself you would have one hell of a machine for the around price of a bb kit.. Some kind of intercooler is needed if you want the best overall performance.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a used kit would you guys take the risk of buying a used one that might have issues or spend the extra money and go for a new one

If the price is right and the kit is in good shape, id say get it.:beer:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call TSS and ask about the kit your buying?
They are great boys and will let you know if any updates are required .

cheeky24

Reaction score
Ok thanks Guys. Now for the big question what would you pay for a used kit knowing that you will have to updated clutching and reflash the box

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks Guys. Now for the big question what would you pay for a used kit knowing that you will have to updated clutching and reflash the box

Depends on how much you are paying for the used kit?

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol as little as possible.. These type kits have been around since 2011 when the etec was born, so I cant see the turbos or any of the other parts being worn out if the previous owner took care of the machine. I'm still running my original kit with updates and a few hicups along the way. I would try to pay half or just a bit more of new because you always have to buy some thinks to complete the job.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty decent price. I'd try to talk it down a bit though.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a new one is 8000 I would go new .
I guess pending how old used is.
New electronics , injectors
$4500 for used seems more in line but again not knowing the condition or milage a person shouldn't be putting a value on it I guess.

cheeky24

Reaction score
I offered him 4800 but was unsuccessful. I think I'm going to go with the new non Intercooled kit 5500 plus tax shipped to my door. I spoke with Brandon from TSS he said there's new clutching for this yr so by the time a guy pays for clutching a possible reflash and shipping it pays to go new. Thanks for all your guys help

Last edited:
Top Bottom