Buying stuff from the USA??

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used SEARAIL to get my 53 buick her this spring. It came from Rhode Island on the eastern coast. $1700.00 delivered to Edmonton go to airport to pick up papers and pay GST then pick up vehicle. They do all the work but when they phone to get car DO IT THAT DAY. I had over $280.00 in storage charges for 2 days wait for me to get to the airport.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHERE THE H@LL IS SWEETGRASS??? THE NEW HAULMARK TRAILER IS A 28' ENCLOSED(NEW) FULL FINISHED INSIDE AND IT'S ONLY $5900.00 US(ABOUT $5700.00 CDN)..... CAN WE MAYBE GET SOMETHING TOGETHER AND YOU PULL IT BACK FOR ME??? PM ME PHONE #'S AND WE GOTTA TALK

Call me 780-983-1273. I will gladly bring it from Sweetgrass to Edmonton. Sweetgrass MT. is the crossing. It is Coutts Ab. SE of lethbridge.

Kelly

vkropodra

Reaction score
Not true. Some manufacturers like toyota, honda, yamaha have plants in NA as well as outside of NA. I know some of Yamahas quad's are built in NA and some are not, so you want to know before you buy.

It took me alot of calling around but found out that if the VIN number begins with a letter it is an import and if it begins with a number it is made in North America in case anyone is interested

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
For Automotive Use The First Digit Is "normally" But Not Always The Country The Vehicle Was Built In: 1 - America, 2 - Canada, 3 - America Small Car(import/domestic), 4 - Canada Small Car/suv(import/domestic), 5 - America Luxury Full Size(eg Hummer), J - Japan, K - Korea, V - Germany, W - Germany.... Does This Help??

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back this weekend with the 05 Nissan Titan LE I bought out of Grand Rapids Michigan. Overal savings about $11000. Relatively easy process but a couple tips:

US customs are not pleased with the increased work load. Be patient with them. Not happy freindly people. Canada customs was great and there were no problems. Actually they surprised me at how happy and friendly they were. Be nice to them and don't try to lie. They will throw the book at you to the full extent if you are caught lying. Apparently a few people have tried and there vehicle ended up costing them A LOT MORE in the end due to fines and penalties. To the poin that they would have been better off to leave the keys on the counter and walk away.

Arrive first thing in the morning. More people arrive in the afternoon and the agents mood changes. They are dealing with 300 vehicles a week right now and that's at one border crossing.

Paperwork...make sure it's complete and accurate!!!!

I think were going to see some changes in the near future. I'm sure our govm't isn't going to let this go on for much longer at the rate vehicles are coming across. I arrived at the border 7AM and there were already two of us with new vehicles doing our stuff. Other one was a fully loaded Ford F350. There was a long line of cars heading into the US at that time. You could just tell they were all going shopping and US customs was not being easy on any of them.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Canadian Government is getting on the band wagon with the big ticket items that are being bought in the U.S. especially with Bombardier, they feel that Bombardier is being grossly unfair by penalizing Canadians who want to buy their product across the line. The finance minister said he is going to try and talk some sence into the officals at Bombardier but legally he cannot force them to roll back their prices or their cross border shopping policy. I wonder how the NAFTA aggrement factors into all this???? Any ways sounds like it is not only Bombardier doing this, most of the auto manufacturers are penalizing the cross border shoppers, sounds like some of the dealers in Great Falls are complaining because they will be losing alot of sales if Canadians are not allowed to buy cross border. I think this is going to mean cheaper prices in the future for cars, sleds, etc because there is alot of folks complaing about the higher prices in Canada and the Government is now taking notice. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out!!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

outlaw17

Reaction score
I know a fellow who just picked up a 2008 M8 Cat in North Dakota yesterday for $8000.00 , here at the ASA show the MSRP was listed at $12,999.00 , anyone know what the price would be out the door ?

P.S. I spoke to a fellow I knew at the show and he said that Yamaha had just come out with some sort of incentive type deal last wednesday to deal with the price difference between us and the U.S. , not sure what it is though.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a fellow who just picked up a 2008 M8 Cat in North Dakota yesterday for $8000.00 , here at the ASA show the MSRP was listed at $12,999.00 , anyone know what the price would be out the door ?

P.S. I spoke to a fellow I knew at the show and he said that Yamaha had just come out with some sort of incentive type deal last wednesday to deal with the price difference between us and the U.S. , not sure what it is though.

Each Canadian customer purchasing and taking delivery of a new, unused,
2008 4-stroke liquid-cooled snowmobile between August 1, 2007 and
December 31, 2007, will be eligible receive a cash back cheque as follows:
MODEL DESCRIPTION CASH BACK
RX10RTRXB Apex RTX 719.95
RX10RXB Apex 684.95
RX10GTXL Apex GT 754.95
RX10GTAXW Apex GT 40th Anniversary 784.95
RX10LTXB Apex LTX 714.95
RX10LTGTXL Apex LTX GT 774.95
RX10LTGTAX Apex LTX GT 40th Anniversary 799.95
RX10MTXL Apex MTX 724.95
RX10MSXL Apex MTX SE 749.95
RX10MTAXW Apex MTX SE 40th Anniversary 759.95
FX10X FX Nytro 649.95
FX10RTXL FX Nytro RTX 674.95
FX10RTRX FX Nytro RTX ER 689.95
October 15, 2007 Sequence F
MODEL DESCRIPTION CASH BACK
FX10RTRAXW FX Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary 699.95
FX10MTRXL FX Nytro MTX 684.95
FX10MTRAXW FX Nytro MTX 40th Anniversary 699.95
RS90RXB RS Vector 609.95
RS90GTXL RS Vector GT 634.95
RS90GTAXW RS Vector GT 40th Anniversary 654.95
RS90LTXB RS Vector LTX 624.95
RS90LTGTXL RS Vector LTX GT 644.95
RST90XR RS Venture 629.95
RST90GTXS RS Venture GT 644.95
RST90TFX RS Venture TF 644.95
VK10X Viking Professional 674.95
PZ50X Phazer 424.95
PZ50GTX Phazer GT 464.95
PZ50RTX Phazer RTX 479.95
PZ50MTX Phazer MTX 464.95
PZ50VTX Venture Lite 519.95
PZ50MPX Venture MP 504.95

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not a very big cash back check if you can drive across the border for a little vacation and save 3 or 4 times that amount.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we can't beat up the manufactures too much as remember the dollar was not at par when the parts for these sleds,cars etc were made. It will take close to a year for every thing to even out. On the pos note for those of you wanting to buy a brand new car/truck and dont have time to travel. Try Determining extended properties... they do every thing for ya border paper work truck it do your door or where ever. They are out of California so they have to truck it out state. After you build a car/truck on thier site there is a green button that says make offer. Give it a try we got another $1200 off their invoice price on a Lexas. $1600 trucked to Red Deer with border crossing admin fees,not RIV fee. Good luck.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I think we can't beat up the manufactures too much as remember the dollar was not at par when the parts for these sleds,cars etc were made. It will take close to a year for every thing to even out. On the pos note for those of you wanting to buy a brand new car/truck and dont have time to travel. Try Determining extended properties... they do every thing for ya border paper work truck it do your door or where ever. They are out of California so they have to truck it out state. After you build a car/truck on thier site there is a green button that says make offer. Give it a try we got another $1200 off their invoice price on a Lexas. $1600 trucked to Red Deer with border crossing admin fees,not RIV fee. Good luck.

I AGREE, BUT TROUBLE IS, "IF" THE DOLLAR WENT THE OTHER WAY, REST ASSURED THE MANUFACTURERS WOULDA JUMPED ALL OVER THAT AND RAISED PRICES INSTANTLY, RIGHT???

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Zellers Announced They Are Rolling Back All Prices And Now Walmart Said They Will Follow Suit.......... And So It Begins(a Little Late, But Better Than Never, Right?)

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the bad part is for me who bought a 2006 800X with 300kms on it for $12300 last year thinking it was a not bad deal considering all the stuff that came with it and shape it was in. Now I can get a 2007 XRS with the same stuff for $7800 to $8500 this year so what is my old junky 2006 worth now with 800kms on it?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Will Say One Thing, 2006 Summit Is Not A Junky Sled. 1- "no Clutch Issue 2-bottom End Stays Together 3-no Computer Problems
all In All A Pretty Flawless Sled. I WOULD NEVER TRADE MY 06 FOR A XRS, MY BUDDY HAS ONE AND HE HAS HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT. HE IS KICKING HIM SELF FOR SELLING HIS 05 TO SLAMNEK. Just My 2 Cents

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'm just rambling about the price diff. I made the choice not to sell her and snow check based on the reasons you "POWDERCHOWDER" listed. My 2 cents the 06X is the best rev out of the box to date this is why I could not risk it on a XP. I wanted to wait and see what happens, I hope my brothers 163 XP does not use me for traction, cause I will never live it down. I have been poking the bear with a stick ever since he snowchecked.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looked on snowest.

2006 800X, Xlnt cond. Can, belly cover, lefty throttle. 1800mi $7000.
W Wyo/SE Idaho.
(435)770-6772

OUCH!!!

Top Bottom