Buying my first sled

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 2012 Pro RMK 800 and my previous sleds were a Doo and a Cat so I don't consider myself brand loyal. Beware there is alot of brand loyalty on this forum...[/QUOTE]

Is not!

:skidoo:
:first::perfect10::first:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to do some homework.

2013 XM VS 2012 XP: Same motor, drivetrain, bulkhead, tunnel, a-arms, clutches (except for primary)

Hardly an unproven chassis.

Go look at one for yourself.

Go for a 2013 XM or Pro RMK if you want new. Also consider the 2012/2013 XP Sport models (800r carb), they're a very capable sled for low $10,000's OTD.

-XM: First year sled, more power + reliable then Pro, unproven chassis (3rd yr on motor) and expect there to be some minor issues (doo faithful may disagree, but look at history of new model sleds...)
-Pro RMK: 3rd year sled, some refinements, about 40lbs lighter then XM, engine reliability isn't as good as the others, otherwise you can't go wrong with this sled (unless your Cat/Doo brand loyal of course...)
-Cat: 2nd year sled, too heavy, last year had issues that I suspect will be solved, best motor in industry (reliable + power)

I ride a 2012 Pro RMK 800 and my previous sleds were a Doo and a Cat so I don't consider myself brand loyal. I might be riding an XM next year if the sled proves itself this winter. Beware there is alot of brand loyalty on this forum...

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm well aware of how similar they are and there still is plenty of unproven point on it. I'll let the sled prove itself on the snow at least a few months before I jump on the XM bandwagon.

Time to do some homework.

2013 XM VS 2012 XP: Same motor, drivetrain, bulkhead, tunnel, a-arms, clutches (except for primary)

Hardly an unproven chassis.

Go look at one for yourself.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Name the plenty.

I'm well aware of how similar they are and there still is plenty of unproven point on it. I'll let the sled prove itself on the snow at least a few months before I jump on the XM bandwagon.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
You should sit on one of those demo's that were flying around and look at the odometer's........Not sure how anything can be unproven when you have sleds that arent supposed to come out until next year....that have 3000+ kms on them already.....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the one I rode at kusters was approaching 5000 lol. Very Good point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
5000 kms by hundreds of peeps with different agenda's. Not driven like you own it if you know what I mean.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That has to get expensive! Not to mention how the trees feel... ;)

Top Bottom