Buy or build

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok looking for an rv and im torn between buying a 28 ft sled trailer and having making my own ammenities or buy a pre done rv. just wondering if anyone has been ambitious as i and plumbed in their own water system.:d

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
A guy around here made is own 5th wheel trailer from scratch. I don't know the guy, but I am told that the only way you can tell it apart from a factory built trailer is that the fit and finish and quality of materials is all better. Sitting in his driveway, it looks to be about 30'-35' and has two pullouts. So, it can be done, but thts all the input I have in this converstion:d.

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was going to do it but may wife was not interested
I think it would be pretty easy as long as you keep it simple mount the black tank high on the frame and then mount the toilet inside right above it and the water tank can be hidden inside the trailer or under the frame where ever it will fit the rest is really easy IMO
i was going to set it up with some cheap kitchen cupboards and a freestanding bed just like in you house i figured i could build it for less than 5000 plus the cost of the trailer. I was going to start with a 5th wheel version enclosed trailer so that i could make use of the extra space.
i bought a toy hauler in may last year and with all the problems i have had i know i could have done the job much better and the fit and finsh would have been better
hope that helps

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok looking for an rv and im torn between buying a 28 ft sled trailer and having making my own ammenities or buy a pre done rv. just wondering if anyone has been ambitious as i and plumbed in their own water system.:d

Build it and they will come John

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it might be cheaper at the start but its hard to find a good trailer. so be careful were you go and what you bye:d:d:beer::beer:

Top Bottom