Bush FSR conditions.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spend alota time on google earth looking for sled and snowboard terrain and bluewater makes me drool. I also scoped it from the lookout above suzan lake which is at 1682m and looks right up the bluewater drainage. buddy agreed it looked perfect. However the road in is in very poor shape and I wouldn't want anyone other than experts in the crew for that mission.

the slide in the above vid of hope runs several times each season. when I was in there in late june 2012 it was still a good 15ft deep across the road. my logger buddy says they used to blast it to get it open for logging each spring. many of those start zones can't be seen from the road!

I'm told hope is almost garenteed to have phat fresh snow. good snow fall totals and very very few punters

The slide in the vid above is not from Hope Crk. its from a little bit farther up the B-Road...... LOL :)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is soooo much terrain back there, it would take a life time to explore just some of it. only private cabins and none near hope itself. there used to be one in hope but "they" burnt it down, so good luck getting stuck overnite in there. some huge slide paths to cross and some with hanging glaciers perched precariously above one of the roads, its amazing they logged back there! I'm told the low road is the better one to use. there are several sections where the road has sunk away. 45minutes each way to play zones so bring fuel.
the 2011/12 season there was sooo many massive slides that crossed the fsr road. even down at 1200m snow and ice stayed in some of these paths until late summer.

I think the word epic sums it up ...

I tryed to get into bluewater last summer but they pulled out all the colverts and 2 bridges, damn there is some epic sledding terrain that should have been realitively easy to get to from that road. but that road scared me in summer.

oh the problems of a first world nation ...
Doing 10days on the Bush starting Boxing day if your in the area... Staying in Donald.:beer:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good 2 me! there's a ride I'm itchin to doo back there.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any cool trails to try when avys are bad? How's the Susan Lake Trail. I have heard of secret spots off the Bush road but haven't found anything yet. Getting tired of Quartz, Silent, and Gorman. I've only been into Hope once.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avy's are extreme right now. I got caught in one on Saturday,, rode it out tho. Susan lake can be pretty fun trail ride to the lake. Great ice fishing too. my buddy pulled out 30fish last week! I went for a trail ride into blue water yesterday was pretty fun and low risk.

Reaction score
Agreed. Please be very careful out there. There was another incident yesterday which we dont have full details on just yet but no one was killed, SAR was sent out yesterday evening and everyone is out now (from what little information I have)
Avy's are extreme right now. I got caught in one on Saturday,, rode it out tho. Susan lake can be pretty fun trail ride to the lake. Great ice fishing too. my buddy pulled out 30fish last week! I went for a trail ride into blue water yesterday was pretty fun and low risk.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks, we are heading out on the 9th, thinking we will do a couple trail rides since I will have mainly beginners with me. Play around a bit if the conditions improve.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been planning a trip out there on the 14th-ish....
Hoping they get more snow before then. Have spoken with Chatter lodge and they say not too much snow yet for sledding :(
Might go back for a trail ride anyway to see where a guy can get to, it's always fun breaking trail in there :)

RN

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg

wildalberta

Reaction score
i would like to resurrect this for this year. any updates on hope and chatter? also looking for some info on prattle and dewers as i would like to try find these areas.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was Nov 12th,,, Only time I've been up the Bush this season. Bet its awesome right now. If you know where to look.

mcridge

Reaction score
IMG_0292.jpg IMG_0277.jpg IMG_0281.jpg IMG_0287.jpg Bush River Easter 07 008.jpg Bush River Easter 07 053.jpg

337.JPG IMG_0248.jpg Bush River Easter 07 056.jpg

As was stated before, this area is BIG terrain. Do not go unless you are prepared to look after yourself in an emergency. Glaciers, huge slides, crevasses, remoteness.....but it can be fantastic!!!! We always camp out as sometimes your 100 km+ from the highway and you cant day trip some of the most remote areas. I have spent two unexpected nights back there in places we were not prepared for.
If you just want to ride Chatter and Hope, its alot less committing but those areas still have huge hazards.
I don't recommend this area for beginner riders unless you just want to ride logging roads, which can be very fun as well!!

Play safe!!!

Top Bottom