Bush FSR conditions.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As was stated before, this area is BIG terrain. Do not go unless you are prepared to look after yourself in an emergency. Glaciers, huge slides, crevasses, remoteness.....but it can be fantastic!!!! We always camp out as sometimes your 100 km+ from the highway and you cant day trip some of the most remote areas. I have spent two unexpected nights back there in places we were not prepared for.
If you just want to ride Chatter and Hope, its alot less committing but those areas still have huge hazards.
I don't recommend this area for beginner riders unless you just want to ride logging roads, which can be very fun as well!!

Play safe!!!

Stop advertising the hidden gems. They be won't be hidden for long at this rate. Sled traffic is thru the roof now-a-days. Look at all the guys on this site looking for info on where to go because Quartz and Silent are tracked out every weekend.....

Let them figure it out on there own. It will give you at least 5-10 more years of untracked Powder before the zones get popular. Not only that-those zones are border line and I can see them becoming closed to motorized traffic as soon as they start seeing traffic.

Last edited:

mcridge

Reaction score
So let me guess, you are the only one who has stumbled upon any of these areas with no help from anyone? You didn't hear anything word of mouth, or on a forum or look at google earth? Its all for you? Did you cut the logging roads in?

If I wanted to spill the beans, I'd draw a treasure map and post it.

The fact is there are way easier untracked areas to get to right off the highway, that anyone with a map book and google earth can find if they want to avoid Quartz. These mountains are for all of us to enjoy. If someone wants to find the goods, let them.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So let me guess, you are the only one who has stumbled upon any of these areas with no help from anyone? You didn't hear anything word of mouth, or on a forum or look at google earth? Its all for you? Did you cut the logging roads in?

If I wanted to spill the beans, I'd draw a treasure map and post it.

The fact is there are way easier untracked areas to get to right off the highway, that anyone with a map book and google earth can find if they want to avoid Quartz. These mountains are for all of us to enjoy. If someone wants to find the goods, let them.

If only you could look past your rad pictures that aren't going to get you laid you would see the point.

The more you put it out there the more traffic there will be. This is a sensitive area, bordering a large government beast, with more traffic there will be more animal and user conflict, the sooner the threat of closing it to motorized vehicles.

When we first discovered the area there was no snowmobile internet forums, Google earth had not been invented and most people who had a sled could barely ride them let alone punch a 3000ft untracked uphill by simply pressing the thumb on the throttle. Back then there wasn't a soul out there, and if you did go out there you needed to do your homework, use a map, use a GPS and be prepared for staying the night or a self rescue. It took several trips under the right weather to get to the zones and took **** loads of gas to map the area out. I could count on my hand how many people I had seen out there in a season. Now-a days Im seeing that area parked up everytime I go in that direction.

It is what it is- let people explore on there own, they can do there own due dilegence. Sledders troll these forums wondering what conditions are and where to go because they are either to stupid to get the info on there own or to lazy. Its ridiculous how many conditions threads that get started on a weekly basis because some guy can't search the forums. Look at the conditions threads, as soon as someone sees a pic of good snow they troll for staging areas and FSR road names.

A thread with a bunch of pics listed to a FSR road is practically a map with a red line on it. Now all I need to do is drive down that road see where the trucks are parked and follow a packed trail right to the alpine.

The internet is not going to give you a medal for your awesomeness nor are you going to get laid. totally not worth it. Let the masses figure it out on there own.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I've been riding back there 20 years and let me tell you the secrets out...lmao But I won't post any more pics In this thread ok joedirt??? Fawk:rolleyes:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lilduke we love you. No pics no problem!

Or if you want to be a d#ck I can just draw a map for everyone to your favorite spots? Cause I dont really give a chit what you think....

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant believe the attitude of some of these people. People like teamdirt are the ones ruining this sport. get your head out of your ass

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or if you want to be a d#ck I can just draw a map for everyone to your favorite spots? Cause I dont really give a chit what you think....

???

Did giving you props piss you off or are you bipolar?

You would have to first figure out my favorite spots and i'm smart enough to know better than to post them on the internet.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant believe the attitude of some of these people. People like teamdirt are the ones ruining this sport. get your head out of your ass

People with Metal Militia, Fox and Monster stickers on their trucks and sleds are ruining this sport, not the good ol' boys.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
???

Did giving you props piss you off or are you bipolar?

You would have to first figure out my favorite spots and i'm smart enough to know better than to post them on the internet.

Possibly bipolar haha Thought you were being sarcastic. Im pretty sure I,ve seen pics of your favorite spot,, But in a different thread... maybe it was someone else?

Any who, I hear you on posting locations and I've quit doing that. But this road is no secret. GSR guides up there,, there is a cat ski lodge ext ext.......

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who gives a **** about the sticker on someones truck...is it wrong of somebody to support a manufacture that has helped the sport advance. fox has probly been making suspension before you were sucking on your mommas tit. its there ****ty attitude that makes or breaks them. and you team dirt have a ****ty ****!ng attitude.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possibly bipolar haha Thought you were being sarcastic. Im pretty sure I,ve seen pics of your favorite spot,, But in a different thread... maybe it was someone else?

Any who, I hear you on posting locations and I've quit doing that. But this road is no secret. GSR guides up there,, there is a cat ski lodge ext ext.......

There is another guy on here that posts as Team Dirt, so pretty darn similar.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who gives a **** about the sticker on someones truck...is it wrong of somebody to support a manufacture that has helped the sport advance. fox has probly been making suspension before you were sucking on your mommas tit. its there ****ty attitude that makes or breaks them. and you team dirt have a ****ty ****!ng attitude.

Why advertise for a company unless they are paying you?

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now what this has to do with medals and getting laid is beyond me. Almost makes me want to post a map....

Post a map if you want. Doesn't effect me as I've moved on to zones that will take you a few years to figure out. Enjoy the whoops on your 100km sled ride in after you post your map...:d

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree, first thing I do when I buy something is rip all the stickers off. Not my prerogative if someone wants to though

mcridge

Reaction score
Post a map if you want. Doesn't effect me as I've moved on to zones that will take you a few years to figure out. Enjoy the whoops on your 100km sled ride in after you post your map...:d

Don't worry teamdirt, I wont post a map. That would take all the fun out of it for the people exploring new areas for the first time. Thats part of what makes it worth it.
But I still dont think there is any harm in at least pointing people in the right direction. You don't have to give it all away just get them started. They will figure out if exploring the new areas is for them or not. There are at least 29 major valleys that I can count where they an go get lost in and will probably never bother you or me.

Top Bottom