Burandts Backcountry Adventure

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Apex 69 and myself are back from Chris Burandts tour and let me tell you it was the most fun i had on a sled in a long time. I never new how far back into the trees you could actually ride. He took us to our limit and maybe just a little past to keep us learning and pushing us to improve. He treated us as we were friends from way back, telling us old stories and I am sure we created some new ones as well. We also were there with four other guys from the boston area who had never riden in the mountains before and by the end of that trip they could at least hold their own on the hill.(maybe with a little help! LOL) So this thread is to let all of you that wish to try it out to not hesitate and give it a try, because I know how much fun it is. For all that think it is too expensive I laugh because IMO it was worth it and more to experience this trip. I will go back next year to ride with Chris and Sahan, also enjoy Bev and Sandy's cooking. First Pic: Apex 69 and Chris getting a little to close. Second: Sahan almost to the top. Third: Sahan Sidehilling. Fourth: Chris Sidehilling

Attachments

• SSA50253.jpg
    SSA50253.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 53
  • SSA50248.jpg
    SSA50248.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 47
  • SSA50216.jpg
    SSA50216.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 46
  • SSA50212.jpg
    SSA50212.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love those sickk long sidehills. Those are my favorite to watch. Especially watching Burandt throw the sleds around like they weigh nothing at all!

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool sounds like a great time, would like to go but think it will have to be next year. it would great to ride with chris!!!:cool::cool::cool:

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks like alot of fun, where is that at? do they rent sleds, or can you bring you're own?

It is in Kremmling Colorado and he rents turboed M8's and other pimped out machines as well. You can also bring your own like Apex 69 and myself did.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way cool bud:d Whats the cost? He must be booked solid!!

It is about 70 a night for room and board not including lunch but includes breakfast and supper. To ride with chris is 300 and to rent the sleds is 2500DD and 300 a day. It is all on his web site Chris Burandt's Back Country Adventure He is not really that busy yet cause he is just starting out. I must warn that it is not for a amature rider.

Last edited:

apex69

Reaction score
best time of my life (next time no apex) way to heavy for the tree riding

Top Bottom