Bullet proof rzr suspension???

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a rzr s this year and have found it t be nickel and dime'n me like crazy on suspension parts!!! We ride a little mud but mostly trails. That being said we ride the trails like we are in the Dakar baja. I dont want to go any wider than the stock 60" width due to th tight trails we come across but would like to set up my unit for alot more smashn and bashn. All the kits I have specd out give quite a bit more width that will just not work. Some failures include 2 broken stabilizer tubes, broken spindles and tie rods. I relize if you ride things hard they
are going to break but just wondering if there is another option for me. P.s. Dont get exetied and start yappn you can am guys the commander I ride neck and neck with every trip with has just as many break downs so no need for the comment "just buy a commander":p CHEERS

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully lots of people reply here as i'm thinking about selling my quad to get a rzr S, but if this type of thing is common on these i may just keep the quad.
Thanks for the post.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at 3000 km on our regular rzr the bushing are starting to show wear. I have replaced the tie rod ends at 2500 km.
But we dont jump it either.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rzr s. It only has 800 k on It but I ride pretty hard. There is a bit of play in the a arm bushings and one tie rod has a little play but will last a while longer. Bushings are cheap. I don't think it was over 20 bucks for bushings. The only other thing I've changed is the rear brake pads at 800 km.

I'd recommend a rzr to anyone. They are a lot of fun!

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong guys, I love this unit and would reccomend it to anybody for all types of riding and as I stated we thrash things around pretty hard so I dont expect factory parts to hold up to some things (hittn a deep hole at 60km to find it full of logs on the bottom lol) I probably should not have complained about the cost of the repairs because they were pretty cheap, its more the down time that gets to a guy!! I am looking at a Z Bros +2 kit with their shocks. This kit should still keep me narrow enough for my trails and if their sxs shocks are as good as their sled shocks they should be awesome!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride mud...expect to be wrenching on the RZR's. My bud's standard RZR is two years old...had suspension bushings all done once (and they're gone again), broke rear swaybar twice, replaced at least one wheel bearing, one CV joint (another is clicking now), replaced brakes (and they're gone again), broke a front lower A arm, plus the usual RZR stuff: broken front diff cage and multiple CV boots. I like the machine and it goes anywhere...but it is HUGE maintenance.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride mud...expect to be wrenching on the RZR's. My bud's standard RZR is two years old...had suspension bushings all done once (and they're gone again), broke rear swaybar twice, replaced at least one wheel bearing, one CV joint (another is clicking now), replaced brakes (and they're gone again), broke a front lower A arm, plus the usual RZR stuff: broken front diff cage and multiple CV boots. I like the machine and it goes anywhere...but it is HUGE maintenance.
Dave your'e scaring me with that little story, riding is much better than all that maintance and down time. I thought i'd pretty much made up my mind, but after reading that not sure again ??
Too bad i couldn't afford to keep the quad AND get a RZR as well.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave your'e scaring me with that little story, riding is much better than all that maintance and down time. I thought i'd pretty much made up my mind, but after reading that not sure again ??
Too bad i couldn't afford to keep the quad AND get a RZR as well.
Well...don't get me wrong...the RZR would be my first choice for SxS (and I'm a Canned Ham guy, LOL), but I've drank a LOT of beers on the stool in my bud's garage watching him rebuild stuff on that thing. It hasn't left him stranded or caused real "down time"...just lots of worn out stuff.

TARRANT

Reaction score
I traded my sportsman in and will never look back at buying a quad unless I need one. Pull the trigger, buy a rzr. U will not regret it !

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have over sized tires and the rear seat the parts wear out fast bushings, tie rods, brakes cv joints but i would not trade the tires they get me out of the mud holes the stock suck

Leewilhelms

Reaction score
Lol I am really starting to regret buying a rzr, in the last 2 summers it has been in the shop waiting for repairs 2 times at an average of 5 weeks each time, (not much summer riding) last year it was the cv joints/tie rods and steering but this year the front diff cage let go, the primary clutch apparently had 3 cracks in it and some more bushings, thanks god for warranty last year was 2500 this year 4000 for a nice total of 6500, not to mention brakes last year and this year lol. anyway fun machine if it runs god help you find a place that can fix it in a timely manner (edson did a good job last year, whitecourt not so much). guess what I am saying is hope you buy yours built on a wednesday and you have a good repair shop in town, oh and warrenty or it will break the bank.

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look at the dragon fire kits I just bought the +6 and im not regreting it so far. way better ride and tuff as nails.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's the old polaris riding regiment ride on friday fix on monday. sleds, quads rzr's. sell the crap before warranty wears out. can't believe people buy this crap.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya need a maintenace routine and need to stick to it. otherwise it will wear out. polaris have always had more of a maintenance issue. most people just don't do any.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean they don`t run good with mud in the throttle bodies...............who knew..................

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rzr xp and beat the ch!t out of it and have only had to replace two axles but that was pure abuse and getting stuck in sand.

Top Bottom