2011 rzr/ combo mods or straight up turbo?

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 2011 rzr s and was wondering what results guys were getting out of bolt ons(pipes, intake, programmer, ect) Went through all of this with my sleds and came to terms that boost is the only way to go since you can spend alot on little bells and whistles for just a little extra brapppp. Dont really wanna go turbo cuz im not rely sold on a turbo kit running under water but if I cant get an honest extra 10-15hp with it naturally asperated Ill boost it. Any suggestions would be great!! CHEERS

P.S. Please dont mention how I should have bought the 900, Its just too wide for the trails we ride.:d

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To cut to the chase you MIGHT get 5 to 10 with 2500$ worth of bolt ons.....4000$ gets you 25 + hp extra or around 75 hp with a holz big bore kit,great kit very reliable and lots of bottom end.
4500 puts you into a turbo,VERYfast not as reliable (crank ?) on par with the 900....These prices are plus labour apx .
Talk to Chrisco ( Parkland motorsports) on here,he is putting a holz BB in my buddy`s rzr real soon.....

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed with the above. There is no way you will get 10-15 hp with bolt ons unless you go internal into the engine.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two rzr s model. 800. Raced them on pavement stock. Neck and neck. Then my brother did a pc5. Dual pipes. k&n. Raced them again. Still neck and neck on pavement. Not a believer in pipes on the rzr 800. We wanted to race up hill. Maybe it woulda been a test to see if the mods made some extra torque. Big bore woulda cost a little more. But woulda made reasonable gains for the $$$$$$

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two rzr s model. 800. Raced them on pavement stock. Neck and neck. Then my brother did a pc5. Dual pipes. k&n. Raced them again. Still neck and neck on pavement. Not a believer in pipes on the rzr 800. We wanted to race up hill. Maybe it woulda been a test to see if the mods made some extra torque. Big bore woulda cost a little more. But woulda made reasonable gains for the $$$$$$

could it be possible that he didn't have it tuned proper?

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bolt ons make no difference on the rzr's. My buddy did full exhaust power commander V with autotune and air box and ended up being slower than our other buddy's stock machine. Both on stock tires and everything else was the same. Go with the big bore or turbo kit. Both roughly same price once you buy all the bits to go with them.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It had a pc5 with auto tune. Even if not perfectly dialed it should have made a difference. Back In the day when the 450 Forman was the sh$t I piped and jetted mine. Raced my brothers 450 foreman on the flAts and it was dead even. Then we did race up hill and I pulled away bigtime. Torque was the big gain. Not hp. But yet I piped my terex. And raced my neighbor before and after. After dual Muzzy pipes and digitune I blew him away. I just think the rzr is set pretty good from stock. Kinda like a xp sled with pipes shows little gains over stock. But a Polaris or cat sled makes big gains with pipes

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
To cut to the chase you MIGHT get 5 to 10 with 2500$ worth of bolt ons.....4000$ gets you 25 + hp extra or around 75 hp with a holz big bore kit,great kit very reliable and lots of bottom end.
4500 puts you into a turbo,VERYfast not as reliable (crank ?) on par with the 900....These prices are plus labour apx .
Talk to Chrisco ( Parkland motorsports) on here,he is putting a holz BB in my buddy`s rzr real soon.....

whats the issue with the crank?

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 RZR with MUZZYS dual, trinity Programer, and K&N and I can beet my buddys 2011 RZR S. He has lighter tires too. I have 27" ITP XTR and he has 27" Zillas. just sayin':p

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked quite a bit with parkland motorsports which were very helpful and will prob end up goin with a set of muzzy duals, ecu, and 20 shot boss nos. Thanks for the info guys.:d

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 20 shot will most likly twist the crank on a 800 rzr......There is a reason people don`t run nos on a rzr.....

Top Bottom