Building an Atv Lift

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well guys, this weekend i will be building one of those atv storage things, that you can store one atv on top and another one on the bottom, and then it will be on wheels and i can move it around the garage, and be able to remove the top atv with ramps. Wish me luck guys. It will be mostly made out of wood. This whole system should cost around 100, and that is materials, because my dad and his friend, and me will be building it. I will keep you guys updated and post some pictures

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would do a mock up with wood, then fab with steel.

But good luck

yeah i might, but then its not going to be displayed in the rain, i will probably paint it over with some wood paint. But im going to still think about the looks. First off i just want it to do its job, and when i achieve that, i will start on the looks ;)

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you use the right wood and build it right with good braces it will be fine. I would use 2x6 and 4x4s with screws not nails and it should be fine. I got a loft in my garage made out of 2x4 and 4x4 sheeted with 1/2 inch plywood and it held my predator and 2 Lt250r racing quads no problem. Post pics when your done as I'm interested in building one on wheels as well

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you use the right wood and build it right with good braces it will be fine. I would use 2x6 and 4x4s with screws not nails and it should be fine. I got a loft in my garage made out of 2x4 and 4x4 sheeted with 1/2 inch plywood and it held my predator and 2 Lt250r racing quads no problem. Post pics when your done as I'm interested in building one on wheels as well

thanks man, i will post pictures, when i will be done, maybe as we go along too

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM Modman on the site he is a wizard with this type of stuff. Check out his thread on his sled lift he designed & built...unreal workmanship.

SAVAGE420

Reaction score
Website
www.bansheehq.com
picsorstfu.gif

Top Bottom