brule for my long

spooce

Reaction score
Me and my buddy's where thinkin of heading out to Brule for the may long. Was wondering if anyone could give me some directions to where we can camp and is it free or no? Much appreciated

Cheers :beerchug:

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head West of Hinton. Take your first RIGHT after scales towards Kinky Lake, Stay RIGHT at the first Y, than follow road to next Y, By now you will probaly see people caming on the side of road. Turn Right, and tun right at your next Y as well. follow trails down to the sand. Basicly camp where ever you can find room. The road gets chityer the farther you drive in.

cr5

Reaction score
The turnoff is marked "Wildhorse Lake", don't pull into the first campground you pass on the left (wildhorse lake or kinky lake) because you will get kicked out.
Proceed down the gravel road a few more Km past the campground and turn left where the road going straight looks less travelled than to the left. From there you can stage anywhere along the side of the road and depending on your rig you can drive in a couple more Km and into the recreation areas propper staging site. There is lots of room to set up tents or your trailer if you can get it in (the road is solid but has some medium to large holes and dips).
Once your at the staging area just follow the trails that leave the staging area to the West and follow them down to the river. Pay attention when you get down there so you can find the trail out again (it's a little tricky from the beach side).

I would avoid Brule on May long. It gets really busy and it seems like that is when all the tards decide to go. I have been hit by quads on the trail in/out 4 times out of the last 4 times I've been there on a long weekend.
Some people don't seem to understand that it is a public place with people travelling in both directions on the trails. The last guy came around the blind corner so fast that even after I got my bike stopped and jumped off to the outside and used my bike as a shield he still hit me so hard he bent my footpeg mount and twisted something else because my bike has a weird vibratration since the hit. I didn't feel too bad though since he bent his axle so bad his day was done.

Good luck.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the garbage. Yes sounds good to me, I hope people respect the place and pick up their junk,because if it turns into a dump, then they will shut it down. That would really SUCK.:(:(:(

Top Bottom