Bruderheim?

Mr Dean

Reaction score
Went on last Tuesday,was good,going tomorrow after noon.Gotta ride my new outlander 1000xtp again...addicted

zackd

Reaction score
I dont have any maps, but there are lots of trails to jump on from the staging areas. Theres a big one in the sand pit at the corner of Secondary 831 and TWP 565 NW of bruderheim. Lots of other smaller stagin areas just down the road. If you look on google maps, you can almost see the trails.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the Bruderheim Natural Area Bruderheim 1.JPG Bruce

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we are looking at going tomorrow anyone been out there? Is the snow too deep or is there enough packed down trails to keep the faint of heart from running for the hills.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based on trails at my house I'll bet the snow is still deep should be OK on 4x4 quads but no two wheel drive quads would make it very far. Watch out the snow right now will suck ya into the trees in a heartbeat

Sent from my Note2

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we went it wasn't bad at all, lots of water, some really deep holes though, one did have to be careful. The creek was running very high, I don't believe anyone tried it. However I have two beefs. 1 what is with the parking lot cowboys ripping up and down the road when there is a perfectly suitable area for ripping no 25 meters away. We had some young kids and any of which could have got creamed by these jackassed ripping between the vehicles and along the road where we parked and 2 correct me if I am wrong but Bruderhiem is for ATVs only right? we had 5 Jeeps cruising though the area on the trails that I am pretty sure were never meant for such large vehicles.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we went it wasn't bad at all, lots of water, some really deep holes though, one did have to be careful. The creek was running very high, I don't believe anyone tried it. However I have two beefs. 1 what is with the parking lot cowboys ripping up and down the road when there is a perfectly suitable area for ripping no 25 meters away. We had some young kids and any of which could have got creamed by these jackassed ripping between the vehicles and along the road where we parked and 2 correct me if I am wrong but Bruderhiem is for ATVs only right? we had 5 Jeeps cruising though the area on the trails that I am pretty sure were never meant for such large vehicles.

Yeah, those are the same beefs that most of us have. When I go, I know what to expect, so I generally just try to ignore them and enjoy my day. I know it''s been said before, but I think education would go a long way to curbing this kind of behavior.

I'm not sure what the dealeo is with jeeps though - interesting question. I'm unsure, but isn't that area just crown land that anyone can access? That is, I don't think it's specifically sanctioned as an ATV rec area. True, it's kinda rude to rip up the area with larger vehicles, but without signs telling them they can't, I think it's within their right. So far, the only thing I just couldn't accept was two jerk-offs firing large caliber rifles INTO THE TRAILS from the road!!! Freaked the chit out of me. I'm not normally one to run to the cops for every little thing, but I regret not calling them that day.

barrycampbell

Reaction score
Would it be passable on my MX bike or still too soupy? Or would my 400ex make it yet? I'm dying to go for a ride during breakup here

Top Bottom