BRP Prefilter Grill Kit

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait! That card gets you 10% off at any dealer? I don't recall reading that anywhere........

4 dealers I asked about said they would honor that.... Its part of the Platinum owners club... Didn't you read the fine print??? Scratch the fine print....Cant find it now either...:aim_sorry:

Maybe I'm just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YA lets go with that...:rolleyes::rolleyes::humble:

Last edited:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait! That card gets you 10% off at any dealer? I don't recall reading that anywhere........

IMO it should be part of the Membership period.... My hat is still in the box but the card is just about worn out LOL!!!

bailer

Reaction score
My dealer gave me 15% off all accessories including any non-brp stuff they sell as well. It's all over-priced but it's the thought that counts. Lol.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha funny thread

got DUCt tape for now I will do a better job soon enough

When I sell I planned on giving the new owner of my sled the platinum kit... make him feel special lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
hahaha funny thread

got DUCt tape for now I will do a better job soon enough

When I sell I planned on giving the new owner of my sled the platinum kit... make him feel special lol

I'm so happy to be a Platinum Club Owner that my hat is almost worn out already!

BTW, the screens worked great today; no black marks and no water in the engine compartment!

yammyman

Reaction score
Somehow I managed to get a hat, a sweater, a sticker, my very own membership card and 1 of 6000 $300 rebates! Thanks to BRP's generosity!

Not to mention 20% off all parts and accessories (on the date of my sled purchase- otherwise 10-15% off), as well as 5% off the sleds MSRP.

You'll never hear me complain about that...

I'm more than happy to support my local dealership and all its employees, the economy (especially my own national economy.)

I don't mind paying a bit extra once in a awhile.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somehow I managed to get a hat, a sweater, a sticker, my very own membership card and 1 of 6000 $300 rebates! Thanks to BRP's generosity!

Not to mention 20% off all parts and accessories (on the date of my sled purchase- otherwise 10-15% off), as well as 5% off the sleds MSRP.

You'll never hear me complain about that...

I'm more than happy to support my local dealership and all its employees, the economy (especially my own national economy.)

I don't mind paying a bit extra once in a awhile.

I am glad you are happy but that's not generosity its called marketing and it worked very well for you.... Im not saying its a bad thing but I would rather have the money go elsewhere. Keep the kit give me $50 or $100 in accesories so I can actualy buy something of use to me.

The 15% discount would not be from BRP but that dealer so in theory BRP forces the dealers to discount there bread and butter while BRP retains its profits on the sled lol... its great business

and I agree its great to suport the national and local economy

and I only got a hat? no shirt? jersey some said? its my second year in a row? as well the lottery for rebates is kinda odd I never got the $500 but I have owned 9 doo's? so some are happy and some get confused but Im always confused :) ....everyone should get the rebates?

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the kit works and fits great but $100+ is highway robbery. Take back your ugly Platinum Owners Club hat and fancy box and only charge me $50.

Get 2 buddies to buy new Doo's this fall, cash in on your Platinum coupons for $500 and buy 5 kits and make some friends?

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get 2 buddies to buy new Doo's this fall, cash in on your Platinum coupons for $500 and buy 5 kits and make some friends?

Got one buddy to buy a Doo. Buddy gave the dealer the coupon and the dealer said he'll see what he can do since he claims to have been screwed on some other rebate coupons. So we'll see if I get it. Not much stock left of anything good at my dealer left anyways.

I know snowmobiling is expensive but some things like this screen kit are way overpriced for what your getting.

And really a $16000 sled would cost $16100 with the screen kit already installed??? It would cost $16010 because $10 is way more than what it costs BRP to make this kit.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
and I only got a hat? no shirt? jersey some said? its my second year in a row? ……..

Well buddy, get the card out and phone the hot line……..you would look cool in the shirt :hmm:

IMG_1680.jpg

yammyman

Reaction score
I am glad you are happy but that's not generosity its called marketing and it worked very well for you.... Im not saying its a bad thing but I would rather have the money go elsewhere. Keep the kit give me $50 or $100 in accesories so I can actualy buy something of use to me.

The 15% discount would not be from BRP but that dealer so in theory BRP forces the dealers to discount there bread and butter while BRP retains its profits on the sled lol... its great business

and I agree its great to suport the national and local economy

and I only got a hat? no shirt? jersey some said? its my second year in a row? as well the lottery for rebates is kinda odd I never got the $500 but I have owned 9 doo's? so some are happy and some get confused but Im always confused :) ....everyone should get the rebates?

I'd have to say that the $300 rebate was out of generosity because not everyone got one and the ones who did, did not have to. It IS good marketing which means good business. And IMO (because they didn't have to give me anything but a sled for the price I paid) that translates to generosity.

Sorry for any confusion but I never meant that BRP gave me a discount , just the goodies and the rebate.

That was Rob at RIVERSIDE HONDA in St.Albert who swung that deal for me.

I ride with Rob and I know for a fact that he doesn't mind telling his boss that he gave me 20% off all my parts instead of 15%. Why? Because he knows his boss wants me to keep coming back, for all my needs. This in turn is generosity straight from the owner. He's a good/smart businessman!

I pay more for one thing and less for another and I'm sure the dealers do as well. Heck, I'm sure BRP does to.

I guess IMHO generosity, good business and good marketing are all the same thing. Sometimes you give other times you receive. You reap what you sew. If you're always trying to pinch every penny without giving one back you'll have no friends. (Scrooge) If you're able to part with a few $'s here and there I'm pretty sure everything will balance out in the end. Just

Who wants to listen to whining and complaining when you could listen to people (and there are a lot) who talk about the good deals they got or the awesome customer service they received.

ALL in all i want others to know that I buy my oil, OEM parts, and lots of gear from my local dealer Riverside Honda (Riverside Yamaha for all my KTM STUFF) because they treat me awesome. I like to spread a bit out to other companies as well (big and small). C3 powersports, Grip & Rip racing, Specialty Sled, RPM Composites, Carbon Sled Parts, SCS Unlimited, H2R Distributors, 509 and MARTIN MOTORSPORTS in Edmonton. (All of whom cut me some sort of deal or bent over backwards for me at one point.)

yammyman

Reaction score
Sorry for going off on a tangent in your thread Lenny. Just wanted to spread some positivity around I'm always happy to read a positive post.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it need to snow or what?bitch bitch bitch!!!!!sleds are a WANT not a Need!!!I found a deal on 100 dollar bills so im gonna just buy a prefilter kit!!!Bring on the snow!!!

yammyman

Reaction score
does it need to snow or what?bitch bitch bitch!!!!!sleds are a WANT not a Need!!!I found a deal on 100 dollar bills so im gonna just buy a prefilter kit!!!Bring on the snow!!!

How's the snow in Fermie this year anyway! It was awesome in the Shuswap area!

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep these kits are definitely a rip off and something that should be already installed on a mountain sled. Do you think a Summit might see some powder?

And why are all the holes already pre marked and ready for this kit? Just another way to scam more money from us on a Canadian built sled we all paid more for.

And yeah it's only $100 and I make good money but it doesn't mean I like giving it away.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cmon guys? Maybe all mountain sleds should come with a can, skid plate for earl season rides and a fuel caddy because Summits can go deep into the backcountry. Where does it end.? Lol.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cmon guys? Maybe all mountain sleds should come with a can, skid plate for earl season rides and a fuel caddy because Summits can go deep into the backcountry. Where does it end.? Lol.

Precisely. Bottom line is it will get added to the sled price and probly less than 50 percent install the kit. I for one am glad to have the option of the kit with the pre marked holes. There was a time when I would buy a 200$ vent kit and have to hack my sled apart and guess where to put the vents. This is a clean install and it works.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we don't need a mountain track either because some guys trail ride their mountain sleds? Where does common sense play into this? I have a nice, shiny bridge to sell you guys.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we don't need a mountain track either because some guys trail ride their mountain sleds? Where does common sense play into this? I have a nice, shiny bridge to sell you guys.

I'm not disagreeing with you but if next year they add it to sled and the price goes up your not goin to notice anyways. So I guess they could add it lol. Then you will find something else it should come with

Top Bottom