BRP Prefilter Grill Kit

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P# 860200610

Includes bottom pan grill, lower pan cover plugs, hood grill and air box pop off valve pre filter.

Airbox popoff cover:
Whitecourt-20130103-00013.jpg

Rubber lower pan cover plugs, right side shown:
Whitecourt-20130103-00014.jpg

Hood grill:
Whitecourt-20130103-00018.jpg

Bottom pan grill, AKA Snow Scoop:
Whitecourt-20130103-00016.jpg

Installation is quick and easy. You do have to drill 6 holes, but they are pre marked and easy to do. It took me 30 minutes for the first sled, as I had never taken the hood off before. The second sled I had done in about 20 minutes. Kits were just over $100 each, and should greatly reduce the chances of getting snow on the clutches.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the kit, did one trip with out it and I bet I had 5lb of ice inside front belly to remove, only problem was I was missing two washer snaps for the front square one......

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny for u guys the the holes are pre marked.

Come on brp its a mountain sled

Install mountain stuff to it for 16 grand.

I would be so pissed to have to do this.

Oh wait I did on my 04 and on my 10.

Friggn screened to death

from my HTC

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny for u guys the the holes are pre marked.

Come on brp its a mountain sled

Install mountain stuff to it for 16 grand.

I would be so pissed to have to do this.

Oh wait I did on my 04 and on my 10.

Friggn screened to death

from my HTC

i dont want to explain this to you but i feel i have to.

if that screen kit came with the sled it would be 16,100.

not everyone needs the kit. therefor it is an accessory. yes alot of people ride the mountains with there summits but a suprising amount do not and do not want an increased sled price.

perhaps a gas can should be factory too? where does it stop?

ive installed alot of vent kits and whatnot in my day and this is the cleanest quickest install thus far. 100$ is steep but its worth it not gluing, duct taping, riveting, cutting, fawking up.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but any xm I seen without it has 5-10 lbs of ice in the nose.

Mabe that's how the figure how to keep the nose down

from my HTC

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont want to explain this to you but i feel i have to.

if that screen kit came with the sled it would be 16,100.

not everyone needs the kit. therefor it is an accessory. yes alot of people ride the mountains with there summits but a suprising amount do not and do not want an increased sled price.

perhaps a gas can should be factory too? where does it stop?

ive installed alot of vent kits and whatnot in my day and this is the cleanest quickest install thus far. 100$ is steep but its worth it not gluing, duct taping, riveting, cutting, fawking up.
And those people that do not should be riding an MXZ.
Maybe not every Summit should have it, but a snow checked X model should-along with scratchers. Most are paying out the ass for a sled that they haven't even seen in person (like I did). Those people should get all the perks-otherwise what sets the big bonus about getting an X model?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And those people that do not should be riding an MXZ.
Maybe not every Summit should have it, but a snow checked X model should-along with scratchers. Most are paying out the ass for a sled that they haven't even seen in person (like I did). Those people should get all the perks-otherwise what sets the big bonus about getting an X model?

You can injest just as much snow on a mxz in Saskatchewan as you can a summit in bc.

Scratchers yes....other manufacturers come with those.

Do any other brands come with pre filter kits on there snowcheck? You have me wondering now.

I've heard it right from brp that the sled price would increase so what's the difference whether it should be included or not the sled price will increase so those who want it can install it.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can injest just as much snow on a mxz in Saskatchewan as you can a summit in bc.

Scratchers yes....other manufacturers come with those.

Do any other brands come with pre filter kits on there snowcheck? You have me wondering now.

I've heard it right from brp that the sled price would increase so what's the difference whether it should be included or not the sled price will increase so those who want it can install it.

My question is do other brands blatantly need it as bad as the XM? Don't think so. Did nobody see this as an issue during the demo's?
And that's kinda my point-I'm buying an unseen sled in March that I won't see till the fall. Throw the $100 kit in for those people as sign of thanks for buying early even. They can keep their shitty hat. Hell I never even got a sticker from BRP.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question is do other brands blatantly need it as bad as the XM? Don't think so. Did nobody see this as an issue during the demo's?
And that's kinda my point-I'm buying an unseen sled in March that I won't see till the fall. Throw the $100 kit in for those people as sign of thanks for buying early even. They can keep their shitty hat. Hell I never even got a sticker from BRP.

I have lots of stickers I can send you, lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Lol I'm not bashing your setup just sayin I like this kit. Happy New Years!

I was just poking a little……no problem bud.

Some people need things pre-made, some are a little creative, and some actually doo try to make improvements to a $14,000 sled to fit their needs.

I have been one of the latter for years and quite enjoy it!

BTW, there is nothing wrong with the kit IMHO, I just like dooing it my way!

Old guy stubbornness I guess………..:D

:danceMsn:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the kit works and fits great but $100+ is highway robbery. Take back your ugly Platinum Owners Club hat and fancy box and only charge me $50.

I dunno bout u but my platinum owners club box got me 10%off on every purchase i make...
So... 90 bucks.....
Give or take a broke rider LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Poo-laris was cheaper across the board no??? Might be the better choice if your worried about a hundred bucks here and there to make your ride better (Unless you own stock shares in driveshafts)...:cool:
I aint bitchin
LIFE SUX WHEN YOU SPEND MONEY TO HAVE FUN EH???
Cheers!!!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno bout u but my platinum owners club box got me 10%off on every purchase i make...
So... 90 bucks.....
Give or take a broke rider LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Poo-laris was cheaper across the board no??? Might be the better choice if your worried about a hundred bucks here and there to make your ride better (Unless you own stock shares in driveshafts)...:cool:
I aint bitchin
LIFE SUX WHEN YOU SPEND MONEY TO HAVE FUN EH???
Cheers!!!!

Wait! That card gets you 10% off at any dealer? I don't recall reading that anywhere........

Top Bottom