BRP oil vs Amsoil

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either one is fine amsoil interceptor is cheaper than Brp oil if you are a preferred customer

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is talk that BRP has been able to show some failure due to aftermarket oil not being up to par. I have not heard which one. Just a heads up.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is talk that BRP has been able to show some failure due to aftermarket oil not being up to par. I have not heard which one. Just a heads up.

Obviously **** they make up so their hand is always in your pocket instead of another provider. Then they add the warranty will be void if you don't use theirs, so it ensures your hand stays there. Crooks

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer said that I can use any oil just NOT amsoil. But there's just as good and cheaper oil then amsoil to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I did the same with the oil from Martin. Probably have enough for this year but if they have the same sale I will try and grab more.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if your engine craters within warranty and you have oil in the tank other than BRP's do you really want the worry that the dealer or BRP will blame your oil? I read the long winded study that Amsoil did to prove their oil was as good as BRP's and BRP's was actually better in extreme conditions of excessive heat and lean feed of oil. The Amsoil was found to be equal under "normal operating conditions". This leads me to believe the BRP's product was slightly better but if you run "normal conditions" it should not matter. i have no loyalty to any oil manufacturer and believe its more about customer/dealer politics.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a thread a few years ago that had an oil test chart in where they tested lots of different oil tested and how thet rated in it. The guy who did the testing said that he wouldn't run amsoil in his weed eater. I was I was better on the computer the I could find it lol. I had an 01 Banshee that was done right up and I only run amsoil an never had an issue. The motor is still going in the old girl

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a thread a few years ago that had an oil test chart in where they tested lots of different oil tested and how thet rated in it. The guy who did the testing said that he wouldn't run amsoil in his weed eater. I was I was better on the computer the I could find it lol.
Too many variables to blame failure on oil.

I will say every transmission Ive done with amsoil has ****ed it up. Auto and sticks. For that fact alone, I will never use their products again.

amazed

Reaction score
I used amsoil in my 09 XP and never had a issue. Thanks for all of your insight. I might be switching back to BRP oil....

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been runnin Amsoil in our sleds for about 5 yrs with no issues so far. Don't have any loyalty to any brand of oil. I have a preferred customer account so Amsoil is usually cheaper for me unless I catch Martin's sale. I do load up when I catch their sale. I think that any of the full synthetic oils are a good product. Be pretty tough to pin any major failure on any oil brand. As stated earlier to many variables in play .JMO

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really for how much oil an etec uses, I dont mind spending the tiny bit extra on BRP oil. What do you save....maybe 10-15 bucks a jug? Even if you put on a tonne of miles you might save 100 bucks a year on a 15+k machine. Not worth it IMHO. Especially with the long warrantys on these things now.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I burn some of each, more Amsoil than BRP. No problems ever with the oil. Dominator is what I use though, it is the same color as the BRP chit.

No one can tell the difference.

Last edited:

powdermuncher

Reaction score
Amsoil smokes less and runs a bit cleaner on the powervalves , that will be my reason for switching.

I did come of a four stroke and expected the etec to be cleaner running.

So different oil will be my next try.

Been running Amsoil for years in all my bikes and four strokes without any failiure ever.

Top Bottom