BRP goes ELECTRIC

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I greatly apologize for my stupidity and i say stupidity because no i was not misinformed. I saw the video yesterday and shortly after did talk last night to my BRP guy and maybe i need to pay or listen closer.
I guess my confusion was, (over a phone conversation) he had mentioned that the rod bearings were like half shells like babbitt bearings(he did not say they were babbitt bearings), being the crank is of one piece. I misunderstood and made a conclusion that they were.
So yes, eat crow, mud in the face i will. I completely miss the boat on what he told me, sorry for the bad info. and thanks for the good info.

I have had about 4 or 5 850 G4 in my shop for modification's, all related to chassis and suspension but never had an 850 engine apart, so i would have had a surprise if i would of one of these engines apart. LOL.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I greatly apologize for my stupidity and i say stupidity because no i was not misinformed. I saw the video yesterday and shortly after did talk last night to my BRP guy and maybe i need to pay or listen closer.
I guess my confusion was, (over a phone conversation) he had mentioned that the rod bearings were like half shells like babbitt bearings(he did not say they were babbitt bearings), being the crank is of one piece. I misunderstood and made a conclusion that they were.
So yes, eat crow, mud in the face i will. I completely miss the boat on what he told me, sorry for the bad info. and thanks for the good info.

I have had about 4 or 5 850 G4 in my shop for modification's, all related to chassis and suspension but never had an 850 engine apart, so i would have had a surprise if i would of one of these engines apart. LOL.

That's ok, we all make a mistake now and then lol. I am wrong several times a day.

What kind of mods are guys having you do to their chassi and suspension? I find in certain conditions and terrain mine gets on it's tail more than I like.

Top Bottom