BRP goes ELECTRIC

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an product email today. BRP will have a full line of electric powersport vehicles by 2026.
It will encompass all their current lines, Ski-Doo, Can-Am and Sea-Doo.
They are investing 300 million into the electric program.
Looking forward to what BRP initiative come up with. Times are changing.

Reactions: RXN

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if it will be sleds included! Sad day - couldnt imagine not hearing some brapp !

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure am curious hows these will compair and compete with the gas sleds.
Remember when 4 strokes came out. That was the way od the future.
Wonder how these will do.
Mileage wise
Weight and handling.
As well as the towns we stay at. Will they be able to accommodate 1000 plus sleds on the charger every night?

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imagine being out camping with your buddies, having to yell around the campfire because everyone has a generator running all night to charge up their atv’s....or waiting on the trail for a couple of hours while buddy is stopped running a generator to charge his machine up after killing the battery in the muskeg.....

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 2 years ago i got the opportunity to drive a Tesla for a day, all i can say is WOW but i can't afford one.
Last summer i rode my buddies electric KTM and that thing was amazing, instant power and very smooth power everywhere.
This year i'm hoping to try out Harley's electric bike the Live Wire, i already have my name in for an afternoon demo. Looking forward to it.
I have 3 gas chain saws and the year Milwaukee came out with their electric saw i bought one for the boat. Long story short, it ends up the cords on my gas saws have not been pulled since. Same size to size comparison the electric is faster, easier to use and cleaner. One battery is about 2 fills of gas. That is with Milwaukee 18v/12ahr battery.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for info polaris has a electric ranger already in there lineup

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
f97da11efb49bd934b15fd84ea4c5e7c.jpg

Been around for a few years

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric sleds may be ok for the eastern trails , but will they have enough longevity for mountain riding - take forever to chrg the battery with the solar powered option! Lol

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric sleds may be ok for the eastern trails , but will they have enough longevity for mountain riding - take forever to chrg the battery with the solar powered option! Lol

Time will tell.
There will be a few guys jumping at the gun to own one. See what they come back with. Pros cons.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was running on fumes on my 450KTM and my buddies electric KTM was still going strong. Still had couple of bars on the gauge. It will be interesting to see.

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EV anything might be ok in certain applications but definitely not all climates. For instance you don't see the tesla's running around town in the winter, (at least i have not) also the cost on the taxpayers to upgrade the infrastructure anywhere for that matter will be astounding. Take 5 friends and go anywhere and you will need a lot of amperage to charge these, a car you need 50-75amp at home cannot imagine 10-20 powersport rides. And you can bet pricing will be astounding, as most battery's cost more than the actual vehicle in most of these applications. Just my 002

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this type of vehicle is directed towards ranchers, farmers and acreage owners including lake lots. I know my wife would love to have an electric side by side, it's quiet, powerful and she doesn't have to smell the exhaust

Reactions: RGM

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EV anything might be ok in certain applications but definitely not all climates. For instance you don't see the tesla's running around town in the winter, (at least i have not) also the cost on the taxpayers to upgrade the infrastructure anywhere for that matter will be astounding. Take 5 friends and go anywhere and you will need a lot of amperage to charge these, a car you need 50-75amp at home cannot imagine 10-20 powersport rides. And you can bet pricing will be astounding, as most battery's cost more than the actual vehicle in most of these applications. Just my 002
Lots of Tesla's used in the winter.
My ebikes plug into 120v outlet and charge in 5 hours.
Motos and sleds will be similar.

Top Bottom