BRP goes ELECTRIC

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have an electric side by side and electric sled as soon as they are available. Waiting on the polaris electric side by side being released this fall.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EV anything might be ok in certain applications but definitely not all climates. For instance you don't see the tesla's running around town in the winter, (at least i have not) also the cost on the taxpayers to upgrade the infrastructure anywhere for that matter will be astounding. Take 5 friends and go anywhere and you will need a lot of amperage to charge these, a car you need 50-75amp at home cannot imagine 10-20 powersport rides. And you can bet pricing will be astounding, as most battery's cost more than the actual vehicle in most of these applications. Just my 002

I see Tesla's around Calgary area all winter.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an product email today. BRP will have a full line of electric powersport vehicles by 2026.
It will encompass all their current lines, Ski-Doo, Can-Am and Sea-Doo.
They are investing 300 million into the electric program.
Looking forward to what BRP initiative come up with. Times are changing.

I know you don't like BRP but they will be the ones to advance this in sleds. Power delivery will be awesome and everyone will have rated power at elevation.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see Tesla's around Calgary area all winter.

I also see Tesla's all winter, in fact there is a taxi company here that run's nothing but Tesla's.
As for the charging concern's, tech. is changing daily.
My KTM essentially was out of gas way before my buddies ev KTM was out of life, all day ride.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also see Tesla's all winter, in fact there is a taxi company here that run's nothing but Tesla's.
As for the charging concern's, tech. is changing daily.
My KTM essentially was out of gas way before my buddies ev KTM was out of life, all day ride.

Do you have any seat time on the KTM electric? What are your thoughts? Oops didn't see the post above.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any seat time on the KTM electric? What are your thoughts? Oops didn't see the post above.

Loved it, would have one today over the 450.
Hoping to try out HD Live Wire, got my name in for a demo, looking forward to it.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you don't like BRP but they will be the ones to advance this in sleds. Power delivery will be awesome and everyone will have rated power at elevation.

That's actually not true, i have had a relation with BRP, on and off since 2000. Worked in R&D till 2008, continued having ties with them even today. My wife is a BRP Can-Am spokes women working closely with Can-Am for women related product's.
Unfortunately we have a love hate relationship a difference of opinions at times that don't concern anyone, things are slowly changing in BRP court and in mine.
That's the issue with not knowing someone, assumption are made like many do on here.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got one of them electric Milwaukee chainsaws.. pretty impressive how long it last, if you carried a few batteries with you, cut a lot of wood up

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got one of them electric Milwaukee chainsaws.. pretty impressive how long it last, if you carried a few batteries with you, cut a lot of wood up

I have the little fella and it’s so awesome for SXS or quad .

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's actually not true, i have had a relation with BRP, on and off since 2000. Worked in R&D till 2008, continued having ties with them even today. My wife is a BRP Can-Am spokes women working closely with Can-Am for women related product's.
Unfortunately we have a love hate relationship a difference of opinions at times that don't concern anyone, things are slowly changing in BRP court and in mine.
That's the issue with not knowing someone, assumption are made like many do on here.

lol Just inferred from your posts about how bad the 850 is and has gimmicks for the unskilled rider unlike your custom yamaha that only real men can handle. I guess when you wrote types of comments you didn't really mean it. Just poking fun? Whatever

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was running on fumes on my 450KTM and my buddies electric KTM was still going strong. Still had couple of bars on the gauge. It will be interesting to see.
Well little different with colder Temps in winter

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the little fella and it’s so awesome for SXS or quad .

Nothing beats riding with the family when you make one of these, come back and there faces are sunburnt ..lol
2191d94fe15844d715bd831ee99b1fb5.jpg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol Just inferred from your posts about how bad the 850 is and has gimmicks for the unskilled rider unlike your custom yamaha that only real men can handle. I guess when you wrote types of comments you didn't really mean it. Just poking fun? Whatever

I guess on the internet its hard to decipher making fun or joking over seriousness.
I don't know where i would of said the 850 is a bad motor being i have praised it in from day one on numerous occasion, love the design as first 2 stroke to use babbitt bearings over roller. Durability wise its superior and many more on the 850.
You have too admit BRP products do have more gimmicks depending on your needs in power sports. EVEN BRP say's so, today BRP work's hard at trying to make your experience more enjoyable for all.
So ya, at times i poke fun. Yes i have log a lot of km on BRP products, not just Ski-Doo's even today. Had the G4 turbo for a week, 3 of those days in the snow.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What part of R&D? I still have relationships with a lot of the engineers that worked on the XP project and no one knows you? Was it just at a dealer level. I'm surprised we never crossed paths back then?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So any e division announced yet in snocross or hill climbs? I wonder who will have the first e sled up Jackson Hole?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of Tesla's used in the winter.
My ebikes plug into 120v outlet and charge in 5 hours.
Motos and sleds will be similar.

Maybe in BC, where they get 2 months more of summer and you are plugging into shore power, but good luck with that while boondocking, who wants to hear a gen run all night, not to mention you would need a minimum 30 amp plug at the very least. Some of us do not urban camp. But hey cant wait to see you grab the first 1 released and post up pics of boondocking in the back country.:) And no i have not seen a tesla outside of urbanville let alone in the winter here. They are only starting to come out now as it gets nicer you see the sporadic 1 around. Guess this is why new gas stations are popping up everywhere here because, well you know EV,s lol!

Top Bottom