Broken Leg

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were trying to break into the finger bowls on Mon and we had an unfortunate accident with 2 snowmobiles colliding in our group, the result was my cousing breaking both bones in his left leg. We used shovel handles and alot of duct tape to support it, strapped him on the seat of my sled and headed for the parking lot slowly.....very slowly. We then loaded him in the truck and headed for Valemount where they assesed him and transported to Prince George. They wanted to chopper him but night was setting in fast so they decided to use the Ambulance. Finally last night after being bumped a couple times they put him under the knife where he got some new titanium rods and screws. His wife is now up there after we got her a flight out so we made the trek home, still pretty tired. I want to thank the staff at the Valemount Hospital along with Shawn and his wife at Whispering Creek Log Homes for allowing us to park our enclosed in his yard while we got things sorted out, what a beautifull shack they have their. Truely amazing people, this is the first and hopefully last time i've had to experience an injury in the back country and you realize real soon how removed you are from the big city. I hate to say it but his XP will be collecting dust in the trailer for this year. I hope he has a quick recovery.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch, hope he to has a speedy recovery. If you need anything let me know.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Oh no!!! Sorry to hear that Showtime....sounds like you guys did a great job though of doing what needed to be done. Sometimes the kindness of strangers is amazing! We had a bad accident last Christmas and the support we got from different people was overwhelming. It sounds like he is on the mend but probably has long road ahead of him in recovery.

Take care

Peace and blessings to all!

Jan & Larry

Last edited:
Top Bottom