Brilliant idea while camping @ bighorn dam

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the other weekend we went up to the bighorn dam to go quadding for the weekend, so morning comes (about 8:30am) we are all up and would ya know it one of our guys let's off a bear bangger!!! I couldn't believe it!!!

What kinda "dont you even think about it" stuff have you guys done while camping?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm well I definitely wouldn't call it "brilliant" but a few of the stupid drunk acts that have been performed while I've been out random camping with people is roman candles thrown in the fire, or booze bottles filled with gasoline/diesel and capped.. I would like to mention that I have never condoned or done such acts myself and I think they were quite stupid and dangerous especially when I have been one of the innocent bystanders struck by a fire fueled roman candle... not fun. Anyway's thought I'd share as its one of the stupidest things i've witnessed or experienced while camping...

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh those little cherry bombs where one of the more inconspicuous things I've experienced thrown in a campfire too, atleast with the roman candles or the booze bottle you kinda notice and have time to run, but someone one time dropped those litlte fire crackers in without anyone noticing and everyone is huddled closely to the fire and they kinda catch you off guard at first... :nono:

It's funny how some stupid drunks easily turn into pyromaniacs when your out drinking in the bush

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Socialization is nice and necessary but.......it sure is sweet to have nobody but my fine wife and I out riding and enjoying the outdoors
as we are both on the same page. Also, some close friends have the same values and attitudes and that makes it great as there are
no worries/surprises as to what happens with regards to stupid things.

Mother Nature, on the other hand, can always throw a monkey wrench into the "fire" and it is something one has to deal with with a clear mind.

But yes, some silly antics happen at campfires when the booze get flowing......

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have thrown bottles in the fire with the caps on, just never filled with fuel, but no one knows that so as soon as you see that bottle in the fire it's just like ants, running as fast as we can from the fire

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...stupid camping stunts...seen lots:
*bottles in the fire, bullets in the fire, fireworks in the fire, a closed bubba-keg in the fire, many lawn-chairs sacrificed to the fire-gods...pretty much anything/everything in the fire at one time or another.
*Pecos does his famous sandals-3am-fire-walk.
*midnight quad rides to the old lookout on 752 with no headlights.
*taking a brand-new full-sized work truck up to lookout (with a sled-deck on it).
*tearing the front wheels off a Jeep back in the bush on 752, then 4x4ing back there with a trailer to drag it out.
*middle of the night potato gun wars
*home-made golf-ball cannon
*Jack Daniels tackle football
*quad ride after a tequila night=helmet puke
*1st (and last) Annual Company Truck Mud Bogs

More will come to me...many memories have been supressed....(OK booze killed 'em)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soft air guns. hours of fun....pretty bad when everyone in camp is wearing sunglasses at midnight to prevent eye injuries

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha ha............jack daniels tackle football, now that sounds like fun

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cooler burning. It's very impressive and really hot. All my friends have lost a cooler or two to me. Igloo coolers don't burn very long. Coleman extreme is the one to light up. Stand back and enjoy to 20 min super flame. I have to warn everyone. It gets expensive.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*bottles in the fire, bullets in the fire, fireworks in the fire, a closed bubba-keg in the fire, many lawn-chairs sacrificed to the fire-gods...pretty much anything/everything in the fire at one time or another.
*taking a brand-new full-sized work truck up to lookout (with a sled-deck on it).
*tearing the front wheels off a Jeep back in the bush on 752, then 4x4ing back there with a trailer to drag it out.

More will come to me...many memories have been supressed....(OK booze killed 'em)

I hope you get fired :nono:

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i think i need to start hanging out with you.........

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya dave's funnnnnnnnnnnnn
Hahaha...I am much calmer these past few years. Events listed in previous post occurred over a loooong camping history.

edit: Tex...ya gotta make 'er out for an overnight one of these times....I have a great Margurita machine in the rig! Hahaha.

Remember: bad decisions make for good stories!

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to sled with one old timer - lunchtime we always built a fire and had a big feast, he'd cut down a bunch of green bows, wait til no one was looking and then throw them on the fire, god damn you'd spend half your lunch trying to see through all the smoke, and all you'd hear is him laughing his ass off from within the smoke cloud somewhere. No booze required for that one and I still use it on my friends every now and then when we are out camping...... :)

Soup cans in the fire also make for good/bad endings, nothing like hot flaming embers and 400 degree cloth staining soup flying around.....and one can of Campbells will blow the hat off a 20' chimney....you know how I know...... :)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...I am much calmer these past few years. Events listed in previous post occurred over a loooong camping history.

edit: Tex...ya gotta make 'er out for an overnight one of these times....I have a great Margurita machine in the rig! Hahaha.

Remember: bad decisions make for good stories!

ya we will be campin on the 12-13

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to sled with one old timer - lunchtime we always built a fire and had a big feast, he'd cut down a bunch of green bows, wait til no one was looking and then throw them on the fire, god damn you'd spend half your lunch trying to see through all the smoke, and all you'd hear is him laughing his ass off from within the smoke cloud somewhere. No booze required for that one and I still use it on my friends every now and then when we are out camping...... :)

Soup cans in the fire also make for good/bad endings, nothing like hot flaming embers and 400 degree cloth staining soup flying around.....and one can of Campbells will blow the hat off a 20' chimney....you know how I know...... :)

huh a soap can eh..... might have to try that sometime...

dave do u have a fire place in the motorhouse?????????????????:cool:

Top Bottom