Brake pedal to floor?

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda stumped here felllas...have a can am defender and all of a sudden brake pedal went soft and gos right to the bottom with just a touch of braking power.
Fluid is full. Haven't worked on anything to allow air in? Anyone else had this problem with their bikes before? Thanks

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One or more bad wheel bearings can cause this too. If you pump the brake pedal, does it firm up on the second pump while not moving?

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One or more bad wheel bearings can cause this too. If you pump the brake pedal, does it firm up on the second pump while not moving?
Thanks for the reply! I will check next time I get up to the buggy, unfortunately it's way up at my camp right now.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the second pump works properly, it is most likely a wheel bearing loose or toasted. It will make the rotor wobble and push the pads out too much while driving. Sometimes one brake pump won’t be enough to take up all the slack.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the second pump works properly, it is most likely a wheel bearing loose or toasted. It will make the rotor wobble and push the pads out too much while driving. Sometimes one brake pump won’t be enough to take up all the slack.
Ok good to know. Thanks very much turbo!

Top Bottom