Boyesen Reeds on XM?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can get a deal on some Boyesen Reeds and wondering if it's a worth while "mod" for an XM? I had them on my 04 because they were less expensive than replacing stock. Just not sure I will gain anything replacing brand new reeds with the Boyesens.

I was looking at this package.

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can get a deal on some Boyesen Reeds and wondering if it's a worth while "mod" for an XM? I had them on my 04 because they were less expensive than replacing stock. Just not sure I will gain anything replacing brand new reeds with the Boyesens.

I was looking at this package.

I would say run the stock ones till you need new ones then decide. I do know that all of TSS's testing on Etec turbo's show the stock reeds to perform the best for bottom end response. Everything else they have tried (Boyesen, V-Force, Ski-Doo Turbo reeds) all create lag.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rowdy, you are leaving the ptek world .. you no longer need to think about modding or tuning the etec ;)

I know the feeling! it's awkward at first ,, but then you will fall in love. all the time you used to spend in your garage tinkering will now be spent in hot tubs, drinking cold beers and bbqing delicious steaks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rowdy, you are leaving the ptek world .. you no longer need to think about modding or tuning the etec ;)

I know the feeling! it's awkward at first ,, but then you will fall in love. all the time you used to spend in your garage tinkering will now be spent in hot tubs, drinking cold beers and bbqing delicious steaks

AMEN to that. my sled hasnt left the trailer in 2500km. havent touched it and dont plan too. CAN and ride it. or even no can LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO reeds do not give you enough gain for the price and the install hassle. Factor in buying the tool to remove your jackshaft so you can even see the reeds to install them and its just not worth it.:twocents::beer:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 1900kms on my 2012. All stock and is going to stay that way. Waste of money and can cause problems. Just add fuel and a little oil and you're good to go.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen reeds are almost always a waste of money as a power mod.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

This post should be a sticky here...... GREAT POST!!!!!!!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2200 km on stock reeds in my turbo, and i havent had an issue and they still look brand new. IMO don't waste your time :)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure chris they are stock reeds, or brp stock turbo reeds?? Can't see the stock etec reeds making longer than a day if that at 8 lbs... Kyle was using the turbo reeds a few years back
2200 km on stock reeds in my turbo, and i havent had an issue and they still look brand new. IMO don't waste your time :)

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure chris they are stock reeds, or brp stock turbo reeds?? Can't see the stock etec reeds making longer than a day if that at 8 lbs... Kyle was using the turbo reeds a few years back

Maeirch is Chris, I'm Marek. And Dave himself told me that they are stockers so.... I havent ripped my sled apart to see for my self, but if he says that are stock i believe him. Kyle was using turbo reeds a few years back but they changed over. As long as you're fueled right and dont have any big nasty WOT backfires, you shouldnt have an issue. Or so i'm told.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maeirch is Chris, I'm Marek. And Dave himself told me that they are stockers so.... I havent ripped my sled apart to see for my self, but if he says that are stock i believe him. Kyle was using turbo reeds a few years back but they changed over. As long as you're fueled right and dont have any big nasty WOT backfires, you shouldnt have an issue. Or so i'm told.

LOL Fred, I guess we need names that look different if we're gonna ride the same sled. They are stockers. I had a set of doubled up stockers just in case they popped but I'm up to almost 1000mi with my stockers problem free!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL Fred, I guess we need names that look different if we're gonna ride the same sled. They are stockers. I had a set of doubled up stockers just in case they popped but I'm up to almost 1000mi with my stockers problem free!

I can see how he would confuse us though, same sled, same avatar, practically the same name, live in the same city... LOL just poking fun :)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good to know, there would be no way we could run the center pedals with the aero, trask or boondocker on stockers , to much air volume and they never lasted at higher boost, I ran stockers on the outsides thou

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info gents. I ordered my Ice Age Rail XM kit today, will order my HPS can today and maybe my RSI stuff as well. Cheers!

Wileybird

Reaction score
Tried a set of boyeson reeds in my 13 Xm 163 n they didn't make 100 miles before they blew out! Called boyeson n talked to some idiot who told me how I neede to send pictures of them n a record of the purchase. Told her she could have em back!!! Complete waste of money!!!! Stay stock

Top Bottom