Bov question pro rmk boondocker turbo?

lucasdegerman

Reaction score
What blow off valve do you ride with? Do boondocker and push turbo ride without bov? Im in my mind of change mine to a better one but doesnt now what would work good on a pro rmk turbo? What are you going to gain if you drive without bov? Feels like its not good to go without one.. Boondocker turbo sounds so sweet when on off throttle everythime...

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What blow off valve do you ride with? Do boondocker and push turbo ride without bov? Im in my mind of change mine to a better one but doesnt now what would work good on a pro rmk turbo? What are you going to gain if you drive without bov? Feels like its not good to go without one.. Boondocker turbo sounds so sweet when on off throttle everythime...

You have to run a BOV. It will eliminate compressor surge and over pressuring of the engine. Without it you won't have a running engine long.

Most BOV are adjustable and in most cases are included in the kits from suppliers. If you are building your own system I would do your homework lots of good parts out there.

Welcome to Snow and Mud

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turbosmart makes very good parts that are affordable....they will have what you need

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are lots of boondocker kits out there without a bov!

Sent from my iPad using

any turbo set-up will benifit from a BOV, your turbo stays spooled for quicker response, with out a BOV there is a large pressure spike the wheel will momentarily stall (compressor surge).....I have tried turbo systems without BOV (automotive) and after a BOV was installed they performed far better in on/off/on throttle response....if the sled is used for drag racing then a BOV is not an issue....tree riding or technical chute climbing will benifit from a BOV

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
any turbo set-up will benifit from a BOV, your turbo stays spooled for quicker response, with out a BOV there is a large pressure spike the wheel will momentarily stall (compressor surge).....I have tried turbo systems without BOV (automotive) and after a BOV was installed they performed far better in on/off/on throttle response....if the sled is used for drag racing then a BOV is not an issue....tree riding or technical chute climbing will benifit from a BOV

I agree. I was merely making a statement regarding an earlier post in the thread where someone said you can't keep a turbo running without one. I know that's not true because I've had two without a bov

Sent from my iPad using

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. I was merely making a statement regarding an earlier post in the thread where someone said you can't keep a turbo running without one. I know that's not true because I've had two without a bov

Sent from my iPad using

no worries, I think the only reason some kits don't have them is to keep price down

lucasdegerman

Reaction score
Okey thank for some answers, i got a silber turbo kit but the only thing that is silber is the downpipe "modificated downpipe for better flow" billet injector house, intake pressure hoses. The rest is changed out to better things. I buyed a adjustable bov so let se how it works and sounds. Boondockers "bov" sounds more like surge that why im wondering if they realy drived with bov, iwe read in many forums thats the turbo size matter if you are going to need a bov or not. I use self lube 2860 and going to hit max 9psi

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are lots of boondocker kits out there without a bov!

Sent from my iPad using

I wasn't aware of that. It was my understanding that the pressure on the engine would be to high causing problems. If Boondocker gets away with it, Fine. My bad. I won't be without one, IMO.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I phoned Boondocker last year and talked to Jared Sessions. He said they have done extensive testing with a BOV and opted not to use one for moderate boost with 2 stroke engines. They had multiple pressure sensors and speed sensors used during testing and found that some turbo surge was not hindering performance of the kit. What they did find was that the way you run the sensing lines into the throttle bodies the BOV would actually open up under some conditions and drop manifold pressure which would cause a drastic loss of performance and a tuning nightmare. They decided a little bit of surge was still better than running a BOV.

Mind you this was talking about an M8 but the same should apply.

Top Bottom