Boulder Mountain aerial picture July 2012

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
lets go to nelson this winter Ken,,maybe willy can cut us in on his grow op...i get my people in contact with your people k?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ski hills dont make any cash off of selling tickets ... they make there cash on food and booze . fricken JAFAS everywhere ! so ya its global :(

I apologize willy.....i'll be the first to admit that i have no idea how to manage a successful ski hill.....let me re-phrase...This industry would thrive with only local logging money buying food and booze at the ski hill?????

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahahahah really willy??? Have you even been here? This city takes a lot of pride in keeping up with the look and appeal of this place, and they do a very good job. What do I do for fun?? I work my ass off every single day so that during the winter months I can come to bc and do what I love to do, ride in the beautiful mountains of British Columbia. I've worked more hours this past year then you've probably worked in your whole life, and no, croppin bud plants in your back yard doesn't count as work hours.... But you're welcome...

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I apologize willy.....i'll be the first to admit that i have no idea how to manage a successful ski hill.....let me re-phrase...This industry would thrive with only local logging money buying food and booze at the ski hill?????

too many ski hills as it is ... and now they are going to build Jumbo lol a lot of loggers are fat so they might pay the bills

So no then?????

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just Another Fing Aussie sorry no S stupid fingers ...

Hmmm.... Just another F'ing Aussie hey?? If u must know, I met my fiancé in revelstoke and she is an Aussie... Better then a burnt out tree hugger... You have to stop being so negative willy... Now run along and play son, the grown ups are trying to have a conversation.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha the only dirty water you've ever seen came outta your bong... I'm willing to beT you've never been here!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the water in McMurray isn't dirtied by McMurray rather all the towns and mills on the athabasca before it gets here. The Clearwater Christina are all nice rivers too that flow into the athabasca. Also when the athabasca gets to fort chip and dumps into lake athabasca its beautiful. All the sand clay and rock must be good filters

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why is the water sheet brown then ???

Bc is made of rock. Water flows over rock and stays relatively clear

Alberta is made of black dirt clay oil water running over that picks up sediment and colors the water brown. When the water stops flowing it settles and becomes clear again. Not rocket science

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
great pic ! but ya full of land mines !! fort mcmurray is nasty dirty little town . so what do u do for fun up there ?? i hear u r not even allowed to drive a quad thru the bush ? is that true ? oh and the lakes and rivers lol i wouldnt let my dog swim in that ... but ya great town lol ps. with logging and skiing BC doesnt really need yer cash ... but thanks for thinkin of us :)

ski hills dont make any cash off of selling tickets ... they make there cash on food and booze . fricken JAFAS everywhere ! so ya its global :(

too many ski hills as it is ... and now they are going to build Jumbo lol a lot of loggers are fat so they might pay the bills

Wow! I missed all this yesterday and last evening and once again Willy, you are yapping and not even close to thinking!!!!

First of all, Resorts of the Rockies, one of the biggest ski resort operations in NA, are only in the ski business. They doo not sell food nor booze! They sell lift tickets and when the Alberta economy goes in the tank, they suffer. The ski hills east of the Okanagan, not including the West Kootenays, depend exclusively on Alberta money. The Okanagan mostly depends on the locals and on the lower mainland. The snowmobile clubs, also depend on our fine eastern neighbours to help pay the bills. The locals most used saying(s), "why should I pay for grooming, why should I join the club, I've been doing this for years for free and I'm going to continue to doo so!"

As for your comment on the Aussies, Kyly91rs has already pointed it out, "why all the hate?" If Canadians won't work the jobs (if they feel they are too low with the wages and have to work too hard), then the help has to come from somewhere whether it be Australia, Phillipines, Mexico, or East India.

Jumbo, another can of worms and totally worthy of another thread instead of a passing uneducated comment, is not for the locals by any means. The locals have a hard time paying for lift tickets in Fernie (a holding of Resorts of the Rockies) and many are turning to back-country skiing/boarding to get away from the high cost, rules, and high traffic of the resort.

As for your comment on the loggers being fat, and I will only use this example, the pulp section of Tembec was the only enterprise making money. So the two mills at Elko and Canal Flats were sold to CanFor with Tembec holding on to the pulp enterprise. There is some steady work and income from logging but not mega dollars anymore Willy.

Another point, from grade 6 Science, and Mattiac this pointed out, the rivers on the flatland carry the silt from the wearing down of the mountain rock and then pick up the prairie silt. Take southern Alberta as an example and look at the Bow River, the Old Man, Crowsnest, Pincher, Red Dee etc. and how far past the rocks does it turn silty (not necessarily "dirty")?

I for one, am very thankful for our eastern neighbours dropping the coin in the eastern part of our province and keeping things going! Without them it would be dead, dead, and more dead! Oh, I'd make out alright as I have planned for the easy life of retirement but the younger generations, I'm not so sure.

Enjoy your bashing......

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! I missed all this yesterday and last evening and once again Willy, you are yapping and not even close to thinking!!!!

First of all, Resorts of the Rockies, one of the biggest ski resort operations in NA, are only in the ski business. They doo not sell food nor booze! They sell lift tickets and when the Alberta economy goes in the tank, they suffer. The ski hills east of the Okanagan, not including the West Kootenays, depend exclusively on Alberta money. The Okanagan mostly depends on the locals and on the lower mainland. The snowmobile clubs, also depend on our fine eastern neighbours to help pay the bills. The locals most used saying(s), "why should I pay for grooming, why should I join the club, I've been doing this for years for free and I'm going to continue to doo so!"

As for your comment on the Aussies, Kyly91rs has already pointed it out, "why all the hate?" If Canadians won't work the jobs (if they feel they are too low with the wages and have to work too hard), then the help has to come from somewhere whether it be Australia, Phillipines, Mexico, or East India.

Jumbo, another can of worms and totally worthy of another thread instead of a passing uneducated comment, is not for the locals by any means. The locals have a hard time paying for lift tickets in Fernie (a holding of Resorts of the Rockies) and many are turning to back-country skiing/boarding to get away from the high cost, rules, and high traffic of the resort.

As for your comment on the loggers being fat, and I will only use this example, the pulp section of Tembec was the only enterprise making money. So the two mills at Elko and Canal Flats were sold to CanFor with Tembec holding on to the pulp enterprise. There is some steady work and income from logging but not mega dollars anymore Willy.

Another point, from grade 6 Science, and Mattiac this pointed out, the rivers on the flatland carry the silt from the wearing down of the mountain rock and then pick up the prairie silt. Take southern Alberta as an example and look at the Bow River, the Old Man, Crowsnest, Pincher, Red Dee etc. and how far past the rocks does it turn silty (not necessarily "dirty")?

I for one, am very thankful for our eastern neighbours dropping the coin in the eastern part of our province and keeping things going! Without them it would be dead, dead, and more dead! Oh, I'd make out alright as I have planned for the easy life of retirement but the younger generations, I'm not so sure.

Enjoy your bashing......

^^^ Case dismissed! Well said fernie!

Top Bottom