Boots?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I want a new pair of boots this year. So!!!! lets see what is the best and why? and im sure that all this will help us all
Rich

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried regular boots - too heavy
Tried snowboard boots- no traction and ripped my seat with the metal lace hooks.
Tried Altima boots. Good for a couple of years and then started letting water in. Had to dry them after every ride from sweat.
Bought Klims for a good price at the sled show and love them. My feet are much drier. Good traction and warm. I don't need the boot dryers as much.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear snowboard boots. I don't love them but I'm not going to waste money on new ones when the old ones ain't broken. Besides my ductape coat needs replacement more than my boots.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Dakota (from marks work wearhouse) winter work boots, they are tough, light, have good traction, have been water proof through the first season, and if anything borderline too warm. Best part is they were under $200. Unless they stop making them, or they magically aren't waterproof first ride this season, I will be sticking with them for awhile. It is also nice then that the company buys my sled boots... LOL

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have some dakota winter boots. They are light and have good traction but my feet will get wet if I am out all day. This year if cash flow allows I will be buying new. Maybe klims.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motorfist! I love mine my feet never get wet.

Really? I bought a pair of Motorfist Boots this spring thinking the smaller boot would be better suited for spring riding. I wore my Klims on Day 1 of May Long- Dry Feet and no problems. Wore the Motorfist on Day 2 and I don't think my feet have ever been so wet in my entire life. Maybe I got a bad pair? :dontknow:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had hmk. Fell apart. Klim now and love em.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The motorfists I bought last year are hands down the best sledding boots I have owned. Feet are always dry and the boots are light and not bulky at all.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I bought a pair of Motorfist Boots this spring thinking the smaller boot would be better suited for spring riding. I wore my Klims on Day 1 of May Long- Dry Feet and no problems. Wore the Motorfist on Day 2 and I don't think my feet have ever been so wet in my entire life. Maybe I got a bad pair? :dontknow:

I do find that little peace of material that connects the tongue of the boot to the boot its self a little short, I get snow in there sometimes. I would send them back if I were you there warranty is really good.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what kind of pant do you wear? Most importantly, what kind of gator is on your pants?

PBNFLD

Reaction score
I wear the HMK Team Boa Focus and I absolultly love them!!! Super warm, comfortable, don't leak and the cable system is awesome (NO LACES). Takes seconds to put your boot on and to take it off, with lots of "on the fly" adjustability for how tight you want the two sections of the boot. Will definatly buy again.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the responses / experiences coming please. My man needs new boots :s

- HMK Pro Boa.. bought at xmas and before spring they were not waterproof and the boa cables snapped. bottoms were nearly tore out too.. had em on dryers all night until ride next day and sometimes not dry.. good ankle support tho (bought hmk's twice!)
- Motorfist boots.. bought at sled show and by spring not quite waterproof anymore, needed dryers nightly.. not good ankle support but most comfortable boot ever had.. bottoms nearly tore out too

Think KLIM might be the next try.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't go Wrong With Klim . Used
To wear HMK's snowboard like
Boot, and they were waterproof, good
Support, but my Feet sweated a lot In
Them, but never got Cold feet. I outgrew them And got some Klim adrenalines, and really Like them, they're great.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wore STC Mike Tactical boots with winter socks inside non-insulated NEOS last winter. Worked great. Feet never got cold, and I had lots of ankle support. The NEOS collect a little condensation from sweating, but they dry quick at night. Gonna do the same this season. Not a big name solution, but I like it.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
High end burton snowboard boots for snowboard days and sorel mavericks with a old burton snowboard boot liner for noboard and sled only days! Feet are never wet good socks help as well.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motorfist are by the best boot for me. They keep me warm and dry and are very comfortable to wear. Try a pair on and then try others on you'll feel the difference.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom