Boost it turbo doo kit..

Fun$

Reaction score
Does the exhaust side of that turbo not get hot?
just wondering???

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where would you put it? Not really a lot off room under the hood, and you need to be able to get at it.

so is there adjustments that still need to be done?? Or is this a true no touch ECM

impusle hides ecm between steering post and under plastic.. It's non adjustable

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice kit. I wonder why no turbo blanket or wrap on the piping? Would help with underhood heat.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice kit. I wonder why no turbo blanket or wrap on the piping? Would help with underhood heat.

In my experience so far, as long as nothing touches it, its fine. I have minimal venting as well. It does get damn hot tho!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is there adjustments that still need to be done?? Or is this a true no touch ECM

impusle hides ecm between steering post and under plastic.. It's non adjustable

Once its setup you don't need to touch it. But you can make adjustments if you want.

Not really sure of a better place to put it? in the glove box maybe?

The stock ECM is just as close to the exhaust. The kit works really good from what I've seen.

The Impulse is a good kit too:beer:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blanket and wrap would help spool up too. Unless it's already all ceramic coated.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's with the salad box right beside the exhaust pipe?
If you don't want it there they can put it by the airbox, they do this with their electric start model's

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad a few on S&M screwed it up for good info on great products?
Neil and others will not bother to post or involve peeps on S&M due to all the dribble and useless posts.
Sad really?
He doesn't bother wasting his time on S&M anymore and its too bad, I learned a lot from his postings

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an update fellas, just got back from 3 days of riding, passed 50% break in mode now. I LOVE this sled, I could go on and on about it. if your interested get out and try one

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an update fellas, just got back from 3 days of riding, passed 50% break in mode now. I LOVE this sled, I could go on and on about it. if your interested get out and try one

Just for info can you post exactly what your set up is. Alt comp or high boost? Witch turbo etc?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for info can you post exactly what your set up is. Alt comp or high boost? Witch turbo etc?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Boost-it intercooled kit for 2016 xm
Gsx 2860RS
5-6 pounds of boost for break in,
Coming off a sled running 8-10lbs and 5-6 feels great on this sled

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback.... If all goes as planned I'm tentatively getting mine installed mid January. I looked at every kit out there and the quality, fit & finish, the QCQA that Boost-It has put into it (Real Seat Time), clutching and not to mention I've grown to respect Boost-It due to perserverance and perfecting a solid product.

I respect all turbo builders as we are a tough kind to keep happy sometimes.

And they are Alberta grown... Which is very unique.

Cheers...

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode mine for the first time the past couple days in blue river. Ran great, didn't cough, burp, fart, etc. Honestly ran like a stocker ... just more power. Didn't touch a thing, didn't even touch the dial on the boost tee, ran lowest boost possible and was maintaining 8000 consistently on clicker 3. Clutching is on. Power comes on linear. No lag to speak of as far as I am concerned. Can probably throw a bit more weight at it and turn up the boost a bit. Going to try gearing up a bit for the next ride and see how that works before adding weight, still have stock gearing. I think the kit is more setup for t3 with respect to clutching and gearing. The dual exhaust outlet is awesome. No powder bogs. Also have to work on some small suspension changes to keep the wheeling in control. May also put some heat wrap on and some venting. Riderz did a great job on install, kit is super clean, hoses are routed nicely, etc.

FYI - I believe there is a small update on the controller settings for those that have had theirs more than a month and a different spring in the primary than they started with. You may want to look into that.

Never rode a turbo before so to be honest wasn't sure what to expect. I have the non-intercooled kit with powder freaks thermostat on a 163 with 2.5 track. Never noticed the power fade from heat sinking but never did any 60 second climbs at wot. Not sure if the thermostat helps with that but certainly didn't hurt because I never seen 3 bars when riding before. Ran 3-4 bars all day. The kit is actually pretty stealthy, you have to be close to hear the bov whistle. I am not running any guages and think I am going to leave it that way for now at least.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the impulse, t3 174 we were at stock gearing when I got the kit.. It was part of the problem with over rev for sure.. 19/51 on 7 tooth

had baker put his skid in and go to eight tooth drivers to hold up rear and keep skis down, limiter needed lifting

Then changed gearing to 21/51 on 8 tooth drivers (74mph) and plan to jump to 22 teeth that's only giving me around 77mph on a 1 to 1 ratio.. After marking primary with marker on a pull I am right at the top still of cheives

bakers skid seams to work well but needs very stiff settings on rear spring in the steep.. Strong track speeds

good to here it's comming around

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to start with 20 tooth as I already have one, also don't want to lose lower end at all for the type of riding I do. I also want to keep belt life in check. Suck up limiter strap couple holes and go to 9in rear idlers to eliminate the effect of the kick up on tailend of rails.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice riding, nice drone pictures, nice sound replacement.. No different performance than the other kits..

be out with one real soon..

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice riding, nice drone pictures, nice sound replacement.. No different performance than the other kits..

be out with one real soon..

I've watched the video three times I can't figure out what sound replacement you're talking about Fred.

Top Bottom