Boost-It releases the Chris Brown Edition Viper kit

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Do you sell these as a kit for the customer to install themselves, or do they have to have it installed at your shop? Is it a difficult install for a fairly mechanical person? What is the net weight added by the kit? Is there any easy weight to be lost on the viper, or is it pretty expensive to lighten them up? Do you have any weights yet for a turboed viper ready to ride? Not looking to start the weight war.....I realize they are going to be heavier than a two stroke. But if the margin between the two is close enough I am definitely interested. A T3 163 with an 872 kit is going to be 19k plus so thinking a turboed viper is worth a look because its probably going to be close to the same price range.

Thanks
We will be shipping kits, and they will come with good instructions. Anyone with wrenching common sense could install it.
The easy weight loss will be battery 8-10 lbs, and if willing to give up headlight then that would save some weight. A seat may save a few more lbs.
most people are installing a turbo, track, and some sort of rear shock/scissor combo to handle the power.
Not sure what weight is compared to a 2 stroke, but I split my time between a 2014 Pro, which is the lightest of two strokes, and my Viper, and I honestly prefer the Viper for 90% of my riding.
We sell turbo kits, and not sleds so I hate to push people one way or another because I'm not really brand loyal. I can only offer my opinion. I have owned over 20 Doos and do not ride them anymore. Not because I don't think they're a great sled, they are just not the best sled for what I need them to do. Just my opinion of course.

NM

Reaction score
Do you sell these as a kit for the customer to install themselves, or do they have to have it installed at your shop? Is it a difficult install for a fairly mechanical person? What is the net weight added by the kit? Is there any easy weight to be lost on the viper, or is it pretty expensive to lighten them up? Do you have any weights yet for a turboed viper ready to ride? Not looking to start the weight war.....I realize they are going to be heavier than a two stroke. But if the margin between the two is close enough I am definitely interested. A T3 163 with an 872 kit is going to be 19k plus so thinking a turboed viper is worth a look because its probably going to be close to the same price range.

Thanks
I should have mentioned that Yamaha is doing a great job of offering demo rides on 2015 Vipers, so if anyone is interested then they should call their local dealer to find out if there is a demo ride in their area.
People really should ride these sleds to see how they feel. What works for some doesn't work for everyone.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id love to continue, but it appears some of your 'satisfied customers' are encouraging me not to.
Good luck with your product.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id love to continue, but it appears some of your 'satisfied customers' are encouraging me not to.
Good luck with your product.

I,ve never bought any thing off Niel,, I ride a Ski Doo. But Me and a lot off other people appreciate Niel posting here on S&M. You, I could probably do with out...... But Keep ranting tho its kinda funny/entertaining.

Last edited:

noob

Reaction score
there needs to be two different sections to post in every year when snow checks come out and when vendors offer new products. One for people that are excited about the new product and want positive information and feed back, and one for all the peeps that will NEVER be happy and ALWAYS have to biotch about something. It's getting pretty old reading all the whining and complaining from people who have never thrown a leg over a 4 stroke and have never used a turbo kit from the vendors offering the kits. All they have is opinions on how the world turns in there eyes. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but I don't think we are all entitled to listen to your bullshi%.
I've owned 7 mcx kits now and loved everyone of them. Never have I been swayed by NM and his comments as cocky or putting down other products. As a sales person NM has to make his kit seem more appealing or who would want to buy it. I think he's done a great job at doing this, and I am going to run his kit this year. Happy riding.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what weight is compared to a 2 stroke, but I split my time between a 2014 Pro, which is the lightest of two strokes, and my Viper, and I honestly prefer the Viper for 90% of my riding.

So to get this back on track, what does the pro offer over the viper. Im on the fence too either turbo my pro,, or do a Viper. I loved my nytro for the power, but the handling left something to be desired.
Just because i may disagree on a few things doesn't mean that i have anything against you.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NM...you're build quality looks really good. A Viper with boost would probably be the only machine that would sway me away from Doo right now.

The billet intercooler is interesting. Is it sufficient enough that a guy could run it out in the flatlands where the snow isn't quite a sufficient and not have much trouble? 8-9lbs isn't a lot of pressure to build heat, so a guy likely doesn't need a massive intercooler at those levels.

Very nice work

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score
NM...you're build quality looks really good. A Viper with boost would probably be the only machine that would sway me away from Doo right now.

The billet intercooler is interesting. Is it sufficient enough that a guy could run it out in the flatlands where the snow isn't quite a sufficient and not have much trouble? 8-9lbs isn't a lot of pressure to build heat, so a guy likely doesn't need a massive intercooler at those levels.

Very nice work
The billet piece is a heat exchanger for the water that cools the intercooler core. The intercooler itself could handle over 400HP easily.
When your running on the flatlands you are never on long periods of boost and you never load the motor like you do in the mountains. Also at low elevation the pressure ratio of the turbo is reduced so the turbo does not work as hard to compress the air. This equals less heat from from compressing the air.
If the kit was designed for mountain use, then it is normally overkill for low elevation.
A good example would be the Cat 1100 turbo. It works great for what it was designed to do, but as soon as boost is turned up beyond factory specs at elevation, they create huge amounts of heat because the turbo is way past it's efficiency range.
EVO now makes a water to air conversion for the Cat guys to get the charge temps back in line.

NM

Reaction score
there needs to be two different sections to post in every year when snow checks come out and when vendors offer new products. One for people that are excited about the new product and want positive information and feed back, and one for all the peeps that will NEVER be happy and ALWAYS have to biotch about something. It's getting pretty old reading all the whining and complaining from people who have never thrown a leg over a 4 stroke and have never used a turbo kit from the vendors offering the kits. All they have is opinions on how the world turns in there eyes. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but I don't think we are all entitled to listen to your bullshi%.
I've owned 7 mcx kits now and loved everyone of them. Never have I been swayed by NM and his comments as cocky or putting down other products. As a sales person NM has to make his kit seem more appealing or who would want to buy it. I think he's done a great job at doing this, and I am going to run his kit this year. Happy riding.
Thanks Ryan!

MCX makes a great product and they have a great following. We are just finding some people want something different, and actually see the value of supporting a Canadian product.

Thanks

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now for pricing. The Chris Brown edition is 6595.00 plus GST and if customers snowcheck a Viper and receive the BCA avy pack, we will take the complete BCA kit on trade for a 700.00 credit. This will bring the net price of the kit to 5995.00 before GST.
This kit includes the Chris Brown clutching package and a liquid filled boost gauge with a CR mount. This is a great deal for a water to air intercooled turbo kit that comes complete and includes many extras. We also used genuine Garrett turbos.

These kits are built in Canada for Canadians...we ride where you ride.

That is actually a very reasonable/attractive price for the W2A included .. And yes after reading this I have to agree this is above the entry level of MPI or MCX based on components & tune ability.

Q: With any of the Vipers has Boostit used the Racers Edge T motion.. And if so how does did it make the sled feel?

I'm quite impressed with the NEW XIC options - many will go for that!

NM

Reaction score
So this is a 270hp pump fuel setup on stock compression???
No hp numbers are claimed with this kit.
All kits on the market with rated power are corrected to sea level, and all of our customers ride at elevation.

I have a video of a customer climbing Monster this past weekend with his 162 Viper at 9 lbs boost. There was a MCX 270 Nytro come up behind him. I will post both vids when I get time.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
Doesn't the MCX kit correct for elevation by adding boost? So sea level hp would be the same as 10,000 feet?

Does this kit have elevation compensation or manual boost control? Closed or open loop EFI?

NM

Reaction score
Doesn't the MCX kit correct for elevation by adding boost? So sea level hp would be the same as 10,000 feet?

Does this kit have elevation compensation or manual boost control? Closed or open loop EFI?
Yes the MCX kit does increase boost as air pressure decreases. This does not necessarily mean it maintains 270 HP at all elevations. People must remember that a Dyno run is a fast on/off WOT pull that only lasts a few seconds. This will show maximum HP, but does not reflect how well the engine maintains power when the boost periods are extended.
When the engine is loaded, intercooler efficiency, turbo size, and time on boost are factors in how hot charge temps will get.
Like I have said before, MCX makes a great kit, I would love to see one of their Viper 270 kits on the hill.

We do not rate HP because it is not relevant where we ride. We only care about throttle response, track speed, and how the sled maintains track speed on long wide open periods or long periods of on/off boost in the trees.

In many discussions with our engineer, we decided that closed loop was not a good idea for a mountain snowmobile. Every closed loop system switches off of closed loop at a predetermined throttle position anyway and switches to map.
We have elected to use barometric pressure compensation on our fuel system, and we let the stock system trim fuel based on pressure as well.
We offer an electronic boost control option that adds boost for elevation. The option is 250.00

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you seeing for track speed numbers then??? With my mcx at 15-16lbs I would see 65-68mph and hold steady on a good slope in good powder. I notice a hint of lag at elevation tho......I'm assuming because your kit doesn't have a head shim the lag wouldn't be as noticeable.

NM

Reaction score
What are you seeing for track speed numbers then??? With my mcx at 15-16lbs I would see 65-68mph and hold steady on a good slope in good powder. I notice a hint of lag at elevation tho......I'm assuming because your kit doesn't have a head shim the lag wouldn't be as noticeable.
With a 162 track at 8 lbs the speedo reads similar numbers to what you have, but that is with 7 tooth drivers so we never did the math to correct it.
My 174x3 at 10-11 lbs is always 75-85 mph depending on snow depth.

NM

Reaction score
Here is Scoots coming up Monster at 9-10 lbs boost. I'm going to have to remind him to add some clutch weight when he turns his boost up. He is hitting the rev limiter pretty good at some points.
Scooter up the monster - YouTube
Jimmy climbing monster - YouTube
Second vid is Jimmy coming up behind. Sorry for the poor vid, it was shot on a GoPro and I was running back across cornice when Jimmy was coming up.

I had to take a pic of Scoots line. I have seen plenty of people get pushed in to the corner under the cornice, but have never seen anyone make it over the top from there. Amazing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
I have a Boost-It Viper with Racers Edge version of T-Motion with a 162x3. Sled handles amazing. Like everything it needs to be adjusted for riding style and preference. TJ's viper with the Skinz front end and racers edge t motion would make you never miss a 2 stroke ever again. I don't do much climbing like Neil and the boys. Mostly tree/technical riding and I love my Boost-It Viper. So did everyone who tried it in Fernie last weekend! I will post video when I can or I'd Neil wants to post it he can too. For anyone looking for a Boost-It Viper in our neck of the woods don't hesitate to call. Cheers. - Cody

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 is pump and the 9-10 is 50/50? I'm sure it says that someplace.. And can u run AV or not recommended?

Top Bottom