Boost-It releases the Chris Brown Edition Viper kit

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
We have been working with Chris Brown from Whistler this season to develop the ultimate boondocking Viper. The first and most important thing was instant throttle response. The second request was hard pull on the top end because Chris was used to riding a 270 HP kit. The final request was that it had to run on pump fuel because of the huge amount of Kms Chris rides and where he rides Av gas or race gas is not always available.
Chris has 2 Vipers with the CB edition turbo kits and now we have made the kit available for snowcheck.
We have tested 4 different turbos on the Viper and a few different clutch combos for throttle response, acceleration, belt life, and top end speed.
We now have over 10000 Kms of mountain riding on 20 different turbo Vipers and are confident we have come up with an impressive combo.
Chris has been quoted as saying "the Boost-It turbo Viper is the best running 4 stroke turbo I have ever ridden"
These sleds have been on the snow since November and have been extensively tested in all situations.
The Chris Brown Edition Viper is available now for ordering and includes decals for your new ride and a hoody with the Chris Brown logo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,066

NM

Reaction score
Some pics. Our water to air intercooler uses large 450cc Bosch injectors for optimum fuelling. The intercooler uses cnc machined clamps to hold throttle bodies down.
Our CNC machined heat exchanger has water passages machined in to the design, then a mirror image with mounts is welded together. This exchanger offers maximum cooling for the water to air system.
All kits use a Yamaha Apex rising rate fuel regulator for linear fuel delivery under boost.
The latest version of our XIC features barometric pressure compensation and changes maps based on air pressure. The maps can be tweaked on the machine in a matter of seconds for custom motor applications. Even different track and gearing combos can require changes to the map and this can be modified quickly and easily.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,072
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,065
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 1,076

NM

Reaction score
More pics. Fuel controller displays elevation. Snow checks received before April 30 will receive free tether and side panel vent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,062
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 1,062
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1,057

NM

Reaction score
Install of turbo is almost oem like, and with race pipe the chain can be adjusted quickly and easily. A muffler option will be available.
The charge tube and intake tube will be one piece silicone for next falls kit. Cold air intake is outside the hood for deep pow riding and cooler air intake.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 1,060
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 1,052
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 1,047

NM

Reaction score
Now for pricing. The Chris Brown edition is 6595.00 plus GST and if customers snowcheck a Viper and receive the BCA avy pack, we will take the complete BCA kit on trade for a 700.00 credit. This will bring the net price of the kit to 5995.00 before GST.
This kit includes the Chris Brown clutching package and a liquid filled boost gauge with a CR mount. This is a great deal for a water to air intercooled turbo kit that comes complete and includes many extras. We also used genuine Garrett turbos.

These kits are built in Canada for Canadians...we ride where you ride.

RINGER

Reaction score
Now for pricing. The Chris Brown edition is 6595.00 plus GST and if customers snowcheck a Viper and receive the BCA avy pack, we will take the complete BCA kit on trade for a 700.00 credit. This will bring the net price of the kit to 5995.00 before GST.
This kit includes the Chris Brown clutching package and a liquid filled boost gauge with a CR mount. This is a great deal for a water to air intercooled turbo kit that comes complete and includes many extras. We also used genuine Garrett turbos.

These kits are built in Canada for Canadians...we ride where you ride.

Nice looking builds Nm
I need to take one of them out for a test spin

Ringer

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice install, looks very well put together.. As you mentioned - its all about the clutching and gearing being setup to match the boost so you get the feel a guy needs when working in the trees.. I took last years CB Nytro for a rip during one of his clinics in Golden and i was really impressed with the setup he had on that sled so pumped to see a Boost-it rig up.. What do you ballpark HP rating at? Track speeds you've been seeing? I was able to auger that Nytro down and find out the meaning of "Yamastuck"..haha

Beyond the turbo setup you've listed above what other mods have you seen improve the handling and overall feel of the Viper??

Looks good.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Whats the install time, and cost??

NM

Reaction score
Nice install, looks very well put together.. As you mentioned - its all about the clutching and gearing being setup to match the boost so you get the feel a guy needs when working in the trees.. I took last years CB Nytro for a rip during one of his clinics in Golden and i was really impressed with the setup he had on that sled so pumped to see a Boost-it rig up.. What do you ballpark HP rating at? Track speeds you've been seeing? I was able to auger that Nytro down and find out the meaning of "Yamastuck"..haha

Beyond the turbo setup you've listed above what other mods have you seen improve the handling and overall feel of the Viper??

Looks good.
We have seen a few different front shock combos. Zbros, Raptor, and Fox. There have been a variety of skis used.
Out of the 21 Vipers we have done, every single one has a 3 inch track and 7 tooth drivers. 16 of them went 174 with a Racers Edge skid, and a couple of them are running the new Racers Edge version of the T motion.
It seems like they all handle differently and with the adjustability of modern day suspensions they can be set up for a specific riding style.
Chris is running a Skinz front end and Timbersled rear suspension and says he loves it for his type of riding.
The CB edition is running the same boost as our base kit which is 8-9 lbs at elevation on pump. We have never had one on a Dyno, but Chris tells me they will easily run with a 240 HP Nytro and do not compare to a 180-190 HP setup.
Track speeds in deep snow are between 65-75 mph. These are sustained speeds and not just max speeds. There is a huge difference. If more power is required, then add the recommended fuel and turn it up! Kit comes with adjustable weights.
The install price on this kit is a flat 1000.00. Any extra mods would be in addition.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What length of track is Cris running on his Viper?

closeyetfar19

Reaction score
Hey Neil, the last picture in your third post you have a screen over the vent on the clutch side panel. Who makes that and how can I get one? I've been looking everywhere. Thanks.

NM

Reaction score
What length of track is Cris running on his Viper?
Both are 162x3.
I ran the same track the last two weekends on a demo sled with the stock 162 skid and it was a blast. It had the Zbros coil over and their kiss coupler though.
it won't climb with a 174 but it was no slouch.

NM

Reaction score
Hey Neil, the last picture in your third post you have a screen over the vent on the clutch side panel. Who makes that and how can I get one? I've been looking everywhere. Thanks.
They come from Menztoyz in Castlegar. We are giving that vent away with our snowcheck.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are 162x3.
I ran the same track the last two weekends on a demo sled with the stock 162 skid and it was a blast. It had the Zbros coil over and their kiss coupler though.
it won't climb with a 174 but it was no slouch.

I bet it was a blast! yeah didn't think he'd be running a 174 for the kind of riding he does:beer:

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Chirs Brown set up and the snow check setup you released a few weeks ago? Or are they the same kit with different clutchin? What turbo comes with the CB? Thanks

NM

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Chirs Brown set up and the snow check setup you released a few weeks ago? Or are they the same kit with different clutchin? What turbo comes with the CB? Thanks
They are pretty much the same kit with exception of clutch setup. They use a Garrett GT2860. It is rated up to 350 HP.
The spool time on this ball bearing turbo is awesome.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MCX had this same offer out a few weeks ago for the backpack, shovel, probe & beacon package..

NM

Reaction score
MCX and MPI both make a great product and they wish to sell in the entry level market.
We are all about the performance and want to offer our best product to the customers that are looking for something more. We are not the only turbo builder that feels this way and that is why EVO offers a well thought out Viper kit with a water to air intercooler.
For the under 200 HP crowd, MCX and MPI will make many customers very happy.

If people would like to purchase our products, then that is great...if they choose a different product then that is great too. Whatever makes them happy.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you sell these as a kit for the customer to install themselves, or do they have to have it installed at your shop? Is it a difficult install for a fairly mechanical person? What is the net weight added by the kit? Is there any easy weight to be lost on the viper, or is it pretty expensive to lighten them up? Do you have any weights yet for a turboed viper ready to ride? Not looking to start the weight war.....I realize they are going to be heavier than a two stroke. But if the margin between the two is close enough I am definitely interested. A T3 163 with an 872 kit is going to be 19k plus so thinking a turboed viper is worth a look because its probably going to be close to the same price range.

Thanks

Top Bottom