Boondocking in Golden

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone suggest some good areas to play in the Golden area? It has been awhile since I rode there , need a refresher.

Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doing your field training you can axe that day for riding,Quartz is alright and thats where you will likely do your field training!
catmando1

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I new that we wouldn't be ridding that day but we are going to try and get some ridding in the day before.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz or Silent for "boondocking" is probably the best bets, there are no real "secret spots", but Golden isn't really known for a ton of boondocking IMO. Not a ton of new snow I hear though, so a lot of stuff is chewed up and tracked. Anybody know anything? Hope they get some fresh soon.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz or Silent for "boondocking" is probably the best bets, there are no real "secret spots", but Golden isn't really known for a ton of boondocking IMO. Not a ton of new snow I hear though, so a lot of stuff is chewed up and tracked. Anybody know anything? Hope they get some fresh soon.

I see the forecast is for a bunch of fresh snow this week. We are going there for the Avy course so we don't really have a choice on going some where else. What is this Sylent you speak of?

knizer8hun

Reaction score
You can boondock in a parking lot of there's snow.
All the main areas around Golden offer every type of riding.
Some more in some areas than others.

Silent Pass, Gorman/Lang, Quartz, Susan Lake, Hope, Chatter.... Blaeberry for a trail ride....

fullmont

Reaction score
Silent Pass is near Parsons, between Golden and Radium. We were there on the 23rd. There is lots of snow, but no new snow. It's a long ride in on a logging road-about 40kms, but the trail is really smooth.

Hangfire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.hngfiretraining.com
looking out my window and it's snowing in Golden! i heard there's about 10cm at the ski hill already today. it's looking good in the forcast!! wooohooo!

zgrizz

Reaction score
Love Golden been going there for years. Quarts or silent are good choices, hope the conditions are better. Only suggestion watch out for the COPS cause they are f@#$n A@##*&%s! Can you say POWER TRIP! :rant:

Top Bottom