boondocker numbers question

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to post my numbers the sled has been set at.

These are all psi numbers just so you know.

4300 08 10 00

5100 08 11 13

8200 25 34 34

8500 25 34 37

When I bought the sled I had doc john in kelowna look it over, he has built a lot of these turbos and is well known for his work on the polaris. He did lean fuel in one area and only went down one number. He also deleted or made the other widows/screens dealing with the rpm and loads as I can not seem to find those values? My question is are the numbers I posted above seem right ? Bottom end seems a little lazy, mid-top end is okay but i think it could pull harder?

Primary clutch has 70gram weights and solid red spring. The almond red spring it had in it broke and the red spring was the boondocker spring. I will get a new almond red spring but the sled ran no different before the spring broke to how it is now. I will have to check the helix again but its on the steeper side and I have not looked to check spring color.

Another question, a friend of mine who rides boosted m8's said to double up on exhaust springs. I only have the three springs from y pipe to main pipe. Whats are your thoughts on this ?

I have checked the exhaust valves and there very clean, so I am thinking its fuel or clutching. J want to run 8-10 pounds and all I can get is 7.8lbs I even turned the wastegate up a few turns and no difference.

Thanks for the help

Also fuel filter is new and running straight av gas

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes most kits run with doubled up springs on the pipe joints, on both the y-pipe, and where they connect to the turbo, I would start there, if you are leaking exhaust under boost this is likely your boost issue, as there will be insufficient drive pressure to spool the turbo any further.

Top Bottom