Boondocker N02 on a twin cylinder banshee(with pod filters)???

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is possible to install a boondocker nitrous kit with out an air box? I recently had a kit given to me and want to install it on my banshee. The only problem is that I have replaced the air box with K&N pod filters because the box wouldn't fit the now larger 35mm carbs and the box was getting burned on the mid pipes. Just wondering if there was any way to install it to the filters them selves.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K&N's work good because they have the stiff plastic at the back of the filter as opposed to UNI's etc that are all foam.
Dan at Extreme Machines would be a good guy to talk to, he's put lots of sets in filters.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K&N's work good because they have the stiff plastic at the back of the filter as opposed to UNI's etc that are all foam.
Dan at Extreme Machines would be a good guy to talk to, he's put lots of sets in filters.

Thanks!

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drew go with a wet cold fusion setup and put the nozzles right into the carbs between the carbs and cylinders.......i have used this set up on many a sleds and never blew them up. only thing is you need to install a small fuel pump something that has 2-5 psi.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drew go with a wet cold fusion setup and put the nozzles right into the carbs between the carbs and cylinders.......i have used this set up on many a sleds and never blew them up. only thing is you need to install a small fuel pump something that has 2-5 psi.

Well the reason for trying out the boondocker set up is I got it practically for nothing. Whats the big deal with going with a dry system on a quad when lots of sleds are using the same system with success?

I'm going to have it set up professionally so that won't be an issue, and will most likely only start out with a small shot.

The bottom end had all the mods needed to handle the extra power also. Worse case scenario, It blows up lol. If anyone has some more insight on this, feel free to let me know

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the reason for trying out the boondocker set up is I got it practically for nothing. Whats the big deal with going with a dry system on a quad when lots of sleds are using the same system with success?

I'm going to have it set up professionally so that won't be an issue, and will most likely only start out with a small shot.

The bottom end had all the mods needed to handle the extra power also. Worse case scenario, It blows up lol. If anyone has some more insight on this, feel free to let me know

a dry system shoots the nos through the carbs and rely on them to compensate of the extra need of fuel so when your not on the button your running rich. a wet system ad fuel and noz through the same nozzel and has nothing to do with a carbs.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a dry system only shoots nos, a wet system shoots nos and fuel. You don't have to run rich before you shoot the nos, you just have to watch how much and how long you shoot in a dry system. You tune your wide open fuel circuit for regular running with the assumption that you will be on spray, add a little bit of fuel on the top end with some power jets and then spray away!

Boondockers are a wet kit though if I remember right so you are pretty much good to go, very very very few dry kits out there these days, haven't been in 10 yrs.

You can just put the injector nozzles anywhere before the carbs, but ideally the farther upstream the better. The farther away the more time for mixing of the air and nos. If you are just running pods stuck to the carbs then ideally you would put them in the ends of the pods.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom