Boating License **POLL**

Do you have your Boating License

• Yes - I have my license.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • No - I don't have my license and won't be getting one.

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • No - I don't have my license but will be getting one.

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have mine as of yet, but because of the law I cannot legally operate ANY watercraft with a motor right now. So I will be getting it, everytime I go to the sled show or bike show where they have their table set up I mean to go in and do the test but haven't as of yet.

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Wife and I have our but only just got it. Thought I should have it before I "MUST HAVE" plus if I want to drive a jet ski you need it.
It's a boring read but tells you how much you need to know to run on a large body of water such as the ocean.

GRD

Reaction score
I got mine a while back... I am also a supervisor for the boat exam website. You need them now, even to operate watercrafts (PWC).

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mine already but, I found the test kind of a joke.... If I was navigating an oil tanker out on the Pacific ocean the test would have been great. Not too many of us using ocean liners to fish out here on the mighty South Saskatchewan........

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
What about if your a "Pirate of the Saskatchewan River". I can hum a few bars if that will help...lol..
I have mine already but, I found the test kind of a joke.... If I was navigating an oil tanker out on the Pacific ocean the test would have been great. Not too many of us using ocean liners to fish out here on the mighty South Saskatchewan........

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What about if your a "Pirate of the Saskatchewan River". I can hum a few bars if that will help...lol..

Bunny, bunny, bunny..... the song is "The Last Saskatchewan Pirate" and we'd like a full out singing of it.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bunny, bunny, bunny..... the song is "The Last Saskatchewan Pirate" and we'd like a full out singing of it.

Being that I`m from BC and got transferd to SASKATCHEWAN... I do recall the lyrics to that song being in the information handout at the border when I moved here. I do believe its mandatory to memorize and resite the lyrics before being issued a Saskatchewan health card.... Never know when us Saskatchewan Pirates are going to jump over your border and take over all your Alberta bounty.....

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have mine as of yet, but because of the law I cannot legally operate ANY watercraft with a motor right now. So I will be getting it, everytime I go to the sled show or bike show where they have their table set up I mean to go in and do the test but haven't as of yet.

So your telling us your under the age of 16

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
So your telling us your under the age of 16

nope, born after 1983

All operators of powered watercraft used for recreational purposes within Canada will eventually require the card. The following three groups of boaters require the card IMMEDIATELY:

* All operators of any powered watercraft under 4m in length (13.1ft)
* All operators of PWC's (i.e.: sea-doos and jet skis)
* All operators of any powered watercraft born after April 1, 1983

As of September 15, 2009 all boaters will be required to have the Pleasure Craft Operator Card in order to operate a powered watercraft. There is no grandfather clause or age exemption – this law applies to all boaters. Powered watercraft includes watercraft fitted with any size motor – even a trolling motor.

To receive this boat operator license, you must pass a multiple choice exam with a score of at least 75%.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arrrrrrrrr i got mine and dont have a boat arrrrrrrr.arrrrrrr tg you mean before 1983 arrrrrrrr dont ya arrrrrrrrr dank hook keeps getting caught arrrrrrr:waterskiing::beep:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
arrrrrrrrr i got mine and dont have a boat arrrrrrrr.arrrrrrr tg you mean before 1983 arrrrrrrr dont ya arrrrrrrrr dank hook keeps getting caught arrrrrrr:waterskiing::beep:

nope sure don't Gforce, I'm just a young pup.... the big 24 on thurs.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Twenty Four....who voted "THE KID" onto the Moderators Island....no respect for age anymore.
Well Ty, let your parent know I think they did a fine job rais'n you...you handle youself like a much older person (no I'm not calling you old like say...Murm...).
nope sure don't Gforce, I'm just a young pup.... the big 24 on thurs.

Top Bottom