Boat Trips 2020

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That trek cannot be done, unless one can figure a way to get over the dam. Mica creek dam.

Thanks Lund .
I see that now and it’s a 100 kms from Val end to the dam . Roughly .
Do you do this run much ?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lund .
I see that now and it’s a 100 kms from Val end to the dam . Roughly .
Do you do this run much ?

Never have but some one on here (Hotshotharry) has been bugging me about doing it for a while.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We’re planning a trip to Kinbasket and a two week trip to the west coast of Vancouver Island, specifically Ucluelet and Nootka Sound. I’m hoping there’s lots of salmon, ling cod, halibut.

Make sure you spend time informing your self as there are a lot of closures happening for tidal water fishing. The commercial fishing and commercial shipping has devastated the marine eco system over the years and now we're paying for it.
In 40yrs, I have never seen it as bad as it is now, going to the coast is more of a scenery trip then a fishing trip today.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about trying Kinbasket the beginning of May. See if I can find some of them Bulls. It may be a problem as the water may be too low to reach from the boat launch.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turned off the nonstop corona news and did a little spring servicing.

Attachments

• 48D913F2-F9FB-4CD6-A41F-051A2F1CA3ED.jpg
    48D913F2-F9FB-4CD6-A41F-051A2F1CA3ED.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 247

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was suggested to me, that if I was going to be taking that aluminum nut off multiple times, to replace it with a brass nut. Which I did. I swapped my impeller around 3 times last year.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was suggested to me, that if I was going to be taking that aluminum nut off multiple times, to replace it with a brass nut. Which I did. I swapped my impeller around 3 times last year.
. I’d like to get one of the sockets for removing the nut too, I’ve always done the wrench and hammer method. Usually only have mine off once a year to clean up the leading edges from rocks and make sure wear ring ok. I know I should just money up and get a stainless too.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a welder friend cut an impact socket in half and weld in a piece of pipe to make the socket deep enough to reach. Sure makes removal easier.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 15 years ago, I went from Hinton to Grand Rapids which is approximately 90 miles shy of Fort Macmurray. But, I cant remember how long or how much fuel we burned between Hinton and Whitecourt. .

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 15 years ago, I went from Hinton to Grand Rapids which is approximately 90 miles shy of Fort Macmurray. But, I cant remember how long or how much fuel we burned between Hinton and Whitecourt. .

19 foot firefish 6.2 LS3 hammy 212 300 liters whitecourt to hinton and back. We also went all the way to brul lake.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. If you want to do it again, if Im around, I could meet you at the river with enough gas for you to get back.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. If you want to do it again, if Im around, I could meet you at the river with enough gas for you to get back.

Sweet man, but i wont need any I can pack 300 liters in my tanks and thats enough to do that trip !!! but ill take some anyway if your around thanks man. The last time I did that trip Wes met me at the river with 100 liters just in case.

If anyone wants to do this trip again ill come.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to do it this year, but from Hinton. Your new boat will hold 300litres? Wow! That’s awesome. 42 American gallons is all my T-jet holds.

Top Bottom