Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!

BLUE RIVER is getting MORE Powder falling from the Sky's !

I can Hardly wait to Post Pics tomorrow ( Sunday Dec.7 )

The Hi-Ways are the Sh!t'$.....

Semi in the River by Mount Robson Bridge ! Hi-Way # 5

Semi's Spun out ALL Over Messiter Summit 22kms. South Blue River !

If anybody is heading to Ground Hog ( Finn Creek ) Please watch for Icey Slippery Roads.

It is.... N A S T Y Out there

Winter Driving right now is WHITE KNUCKLE DRIVING !

Take Care out There !!

I think We are going to get another Foot out of this .....it is just Snowing & Snowing

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Problem T-nytro !

You need to get out and Play and Pound some POWDER !

Pending Riding buddies not backing out, we will hopefully be riding Blue on Friday, Sat, Sun. Keep the snow coming. Only been there once so hopefully we can get around.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Pending Riding buddies not backing out, we will hopefully be riding Blue on Friday, Sat, Sun. Keep the snow coming. Only been there once so hopefully we can get around.
T-nytro !

Hey Stop on over at The Holy Smoke Inn / Blue Jewel

Robin will be MORE than happy to Help You Guys out !

If You don't want a Guided Tour then He will also Draw Detailed Maps for You !

I always recomend Hire a Certified Mountain Guide at least Once here in Blue River.

We are the Only Licenced Legal Snowmobile Guide's here in Blue River

There are Many Self proclaimed Guides but they may not be Legal Snowmobile Guide's

I say talk to Robin and He will give You the knowledge that You will need for the Blue River Area's.

I sure hope Your Buddies can make it as I know You will NOT be disappointed in Your Choice of coming to Blue River !

We have had 2 Feet of Snow in TOWN ! Over the last few Days.

You will have a BLAST out here !

Blue River Thank's You for Your Support !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok....Update

Our Current Temp. is +1 C. ( Idon't like that ! )

Snow is going to be on the Move Everywhere !

By the looks of the Forecast....

Nothing but....SNOW....SNOW....SNOW !

Monday High of -1 C. Low -4 C. ( 5 cms. Snow )

Tuesday High of -1 C. Low -4 C. ( 10 cms. Snow )

Wednesday High of +3 C. Low -3C. ( 5 cms. Snow )

Thursday High of 0 C. Low -1C. ( 5 cms. Snow )

Friday High of -3C. Low of -5 C. ( 5 cms. Snow )

If You add ALL that up .....30 cms. for the Next Week !

Now remember it is Blue River.....so Double that !!

This Weather Can Change in the Blink of a Eye so Stay Tuned !

" ULAR " YOU ROCK !!

Stay Tuned for more Updates & Pics later Today !

Thank You to ALL Who took the Avalanche Seminar AWESOME INFO.

A HUGE THANK YOU to ALL who came to Blue River and supported Our Little Village Here !

You Sledders are the Only Hope We have that Our Community won't becaome a GHOST TOWN !

You make Us " THRIVE to SURVIVE "

I here Mike Weigele is talking about Renting out room's at 1 of His MANY Hotel / Motel

He wants YOUR MONEY......His Numbers are Down and He needs Money !

You can ONLY Imagine what I am thinking....

If that Happens I will let You ALL know right away !

Stay Tuned for More Updates !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Heli - Sledding ????
Noooooooo Heli Sledding !! That's a GREAT Idea though !

They Just want Your Money for Sleeping .....

He wants " YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY " To be able to stay OPEN soooo they can try and Kick Us off OUR Mountains !

I see this as a Opportunity !....

Maybe He will Leave Blue River if there is NO Business for Him !

He can then Move to Hawaii where He is most of the Summer.

Or is Globe Trotting ....

Rememder they don't want Us Sledders on " Thier Mountains ".....

He is getting VERY SLY in His Old age of " 70 "

Just thought I would let You ALL know what is in His upcoming Plans perhaps !

Stay Tuned for some Pictures !

I guess they have had ALOT of Cancelations.due to the Economy...

They are think about Renting out " Motel Rooms " NOT CHALET'S !!

Just a Rumour.....LOL

Maxwe

Reaction score
Mike and snowmobilers. He will get a rash if he has to go there. This situation with heli and snowmobilers seems to be a tug of war with no winners. What is happening with the heli group from Clearwater trying to get exclusive stewardship in the blue area?

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Mike and snowmobilers. He will get a rash if he has to go there. This situation with heli and snowmobilers seems to be a tug of war with no winners. What is happening with the heli group from Clearwater trying to get exclusive stewardship in the blue area?
Hey Maxwe !

I beleive that there WILL BE SOULUTIONS SOON ! ( Between Mike and Snowmobiling )

Those Lovley People from Clearwater are Not seeking Stewardship.....They are wanting Tenure for Multi Exclusive Use ! ( Ex. Skiing , X-Country Skiing , and YESSSS

ALSO SNOWMOBILE TENURE !

The differance between a Stewardship Plan & Tenure is that Tenure allows You to Charge Money for " Guiding " on Crown Land

People can Tour other People ALL they want in a Stewardship Plan. They just can NOT Charge Money for " Guiding " unless they have " Tenure "

Also the " Guides " MUST HAVE Certain Traning and Qualifications to be able to " Guide "

Because if something Happens to somebody's Loved one on a Tour with a Guide that has NO Qualifications or Insurance.....YIKES ...People " SUE "

Blue Jewel is " Liable " for ALL People that We Tour !

Gov't is crawling at SNAIL SPEED right now with this , witch is good for Us ! ( Clearwater People " Dana Foster " )

Last edited:

Maxwe

Reaction score
Tenure has some real implications that run as deep as who really owns the crown Land? Crown land is the land that the Queen gave to the people that now belongs to the Gov which is us, the silent majority. Who's message reach's and influence's the gov is often the winner. Heli skiing who pays large taxes, has free trips for the politicians to explore the issues, PR managers and professionals working the system almost to the point you could consider it to be a special interest group.
Snowmobilers is a passion sport more than a business sport. To ask some volunteer type personal and volunteer orgainizations to "take on the heli skiing business" is a major stumblilng block that the heli business is very aware of. How do we get proper represenatation? Yes there is Varda and snowmobile clubs but are they in Victoria working the system and crowd? On occasion and usually in a defence role. Is it fair to ask Curtis or a couple of personal related to clubs to take on a business with high politcal connections. I have sat in on the VARDA meetings three yrs ago thinking we are not very effective compared to the Mike show with PR mangers with their charts and graphs.Is there a more effective way to address proper represenatation? Big question. I have often thought, where are the snowmobile manuf in all of this? They together have the savey and know how on this side of the business. There is not a day that goes by, they are not involved with a law suit or related business. Where did Bill 56 come from? It wasnt the forestry guys who thought of this. I would think it was the heli business who study all of angles and coach the gov on how to proceed. If the NDP get voted back in, these issues will become even more complex I suspect. Enough said your comment next. Thanks

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right about the roads, just got back and thankful to be alive.
Had a great time at the dance and learned alot from the avy instructor Ian :beer:
Thanks Bill and others for organizing this, job well done...:d:beer:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Your right about the roads, just got back and thankful to be alive.
Had a great time at the dance and learned alot from the avy instructor Ian :beer:
Thanks Bill and others for organizing this, job well done...:d:beer:
I'vegotthenutz Glad to Hear You made it Home Ok ! !

There You all go...there is a little taste that Robin & I have been through !

To be able to Run a " Guided " Snowmobile Tour Business !

You guys !! I am VERY Proud of ALL who for going to the Seminar

You will now have even More Respect for the Rugged Back Country !!

You will also look at " SNOW " in a whole different Way !

I Applause ALL of You !

Again Thank You for Supporting Blue River !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Tenure has some real implications that run as deep as who really owns the crown Land? Crown land is the land that the Queen gave to the people that now belongs to the Gov which is us, the silent majority. Who's message reach's and influence's the gov is often the winner. Heli skiing who pays large taxes, has free trips for the politicians to explore the issues, PR managers and professionals working the system almost to the point you could consider it to be a special interest group.
Snowmobilers is a passion sport more than a business sport. To ask some volunteer type personal and volunteer orgainizations to "take on the heli skiing business" is a major stumblilng block that the heli business is very aware of. How do we get proper represenatation? Yes there is Varda and snowmobile clubs but are they in Victoria working the system and crowd? On occasion and usually in a defence role. Is it fair to ask Curtis or a couple of personal related to clubs to take on a business with high politcal connections. I have sat in on the VARDA meetings three yrs ago thinking we are not very effective compared to the Mike show with PR mangers with their charts and graphs.Is there a more effective way to address proper represenatation? Big question. I have often thought, where are the snowmobile manuf in all of this? They together have the savey and know how on this side of the business. There is not a day that goes by, they are not involved with a law suit or related business. Where did Bill 56 come from? It wasnt the forestry guys who thought of this. I would think it was the heli business who study all of angles and coach the gov on how to proceed. If the NDP get voted back in, these issues will become even more complex I suspect. Enough said your comment next. Thanks
Maxwe !

You Hit the Nail on the Head !

Hey !!... M O N E Y Talks !! and You know what walks...

We may Not have the Money that Mike has with his heli business....BUT

We have a VERY STRONG Community Spirit !

Man oh Man You put it in Puurrfect Words !

You are RIGHT on the Money with Everything You said !

The Business People of Blue River have a VERY Fiesty Lady who is on Our side....

She happens to live in " Victoria " !

She works VERY Long Hours for Us !

She Writes letter's to Gov't on ALL of Our behalf's ( Thank God ! ) ( Business Owners & Local People ! )

She is one AWESOME Lady !

Her Name is " Nancy " ...." YOU ROCK NANCY " ! THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER !

But without ALL of Your Support ALSO We would not be getting anywhere sooooo...

Everyone from Alberta , Saskatchewan, B.C. THANK YOU ALSO ! ....

Without Your Letter's to Gov't We wouldn't have Stalled the Beast that is wanting in Our Backyard.

I think People in Alberta should watch The Edmonton Journal and also the Edmonton Sun!

There is going to be some real good reading soon !!

I will keep You ALL informed as to when that will be !

You are soooooo right when You say That Snowmobiling is a Passion ...WOW..SO TRUE !

Maxwe Thank again for Your input !

Book Your Sled trip to Blue River everyone ....

Gov't can't argue with Strong numbers !

Blue River is OPEN and We will greet You with a Smile and You will have a BLAST !

This little Village LOVES SNOWMOBILERS !

You ALL have really already made a HUGE Difference here , because of You ...

There are more Job's in Town We can really notice the Change and it is because of People like Yourself that Frequent Our Village !

Thank You ALL !

Watch for more updates to come !

Maxwe please keep up the Great input !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Well I don't want to get anybody to Pi$$ed off....

I also know that more than a couple of People from Heli Ski Places LOVE to read this Forum!

Humm....." Hi Guy's "

I will Update tomorrow again ALL You Sledders !....LOL

I really enjoy ALL the Input I read on this Forum !

YOU Guy's ROCK !!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have pics from the weekend from BR yet? it's about that time!!! LOL "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"!!!

draggon7

Reaction score
Went to Blue River Thursday night with a few buds, we had a great time there. It snowed the entire time we were there but riding was great. There is at least 2 feet in town and was fantastic riding. We went into finn creek and broke into Red Sands. Wanted to thank everyone in Blue for their great hospitality and will see you all soon.:d:d:beer:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Hellooooo....From Blue River !!

I know You ALL won't wanna hear this.....

It has Started to SNOW AGAIN ! ( lightly )

I know You are all getting chocked up....

Come on out to Blue River and get " Chocked " in SNOW !!....LOL

I was hoping My little friend pr was going to post pics of the Coolies ???

I seen Him doing Laps around Town.....Hey pr where are Your Pics ??

I will take some Pics of Town tody and Post them later for You all.

The STOP Sign on the Corner here is starti ng to drown in the Snow that has been pushed beside it.

Current Temp. +1 C.

I see the Forecast has changed ....

10cms. for tomorrow !!

The rest of the Week a few more cms.

Looks like Sun for the Weekend !

Look for Pics . soon !

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
patti we ended up going bone creek, the visibilty was to bad for the coulies and the avy rating was high for alpine do to the snow, but i dont have pics of bone but there is away into alpine up bone, we didint try but 2 guys from elk island got up there and there is pink ribbon the way they went do maybe some one else has already been there

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok...here are the Pics of Town from Today Monday Dec.8 , 2008 Dec.8 , 2008 Blue River 004.jpg

Dec.8 , 2008 Blue River 005.jpg

Dec.8 , 2008 Blue River 007.jpg

Dec.8 , 2008 Blue River 008.jpg

I can only Imagine how it is Up Top !

Hope You enjoy todays Pics.

Stay Tuned for more Updates !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom