Blown '08 800R

Reaction score
I was lucky, dealer had one in stock that he had brought in back in '08. gave me a smokin deal on it too because he wanted it gone. '09 and up have different size stub on the mag side, if you switch to a newer one you have to buy a stator, balance plate, and flywheel to go along with it to put in an '08 chassis.

You do not need the new stator, balance plate, and flywheel when you put a 09+ crank in, that is a common mistake. Trystad has told me that 08s will work with the 09+ crank.

Do you still get the one year warranty with that shortblock? I would be scared of that one with the 08 crank in it.

I too had 2 cranks fail this year on my 800r, the 07 and 08 years were terrible for crank problems...

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were just doing one right now were at $2200 that a new crank,new piston,new cylinders ,we had Motts in St Albert machine a release groove
in the casing to give the bearing a little releave its a little bit work to do it time were done we have about 10 hr in it that pulling it out and build and reintall

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the parts fiche, doo has changed out 2 bearings in 2009, and then one more bearing again in 2010.

Does anyone know if BRP uses the newer bearing configuration in the 2008 rebuilt shortblocks? I guess, the only way to find out is to look into a blown 2008 rebuild, unless someone is brave enough to tear a fresh one apart...LOL

Top Bottom