Blow Gasket on 2012 Pro

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody blow any gaskets on there pro? was tinkering on the pro this weekend and noticed that there is that oily residue all over the front of my engine and in the bottom as well. havent investigated thoroughly yet. Will have to tear it apart and clean it up good before I can determine where its from. Looks to be the exhaust Y-pipe to engine gasket or a head gasket. Any info on experience is appreciated. Also down to 110psi in both cylinders with only 1100 miles, Pretty stoked to find that out aswell.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an "overflow" hose coming down directly infront of the engine under the exhaust pipe that drains oil right into the engine bay in this area..

This is my guess.. just clean it up and watch it come back.. some guys have extended the hose and cut a hole in the belly pan to feed it out so it doesn't keep making such a mess

gdawg

Reaction score
I just had the exact same thing happen with me I investigated and it was the exhaust valve gasket had a chunk missing on the top. 4 bolts and a 5$ gasket and problem solved hope this helped

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Ill look into that, its top to bottom on the front of the engine tho, and not just oil, it is that black oily burnt sh$t that comes out when a gasket is blown. But I will Look into the hose issue tho. Thx

Top Bottom