Blindman Snowmobiler - Thanks for tearing up my lawn

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to ignore this, but still mad.

We live on the Blindman River West of Blackfalds and we leave our gates open so everyone can ride in our fields. We haven't had any serious problems with the exception of some garbage and a few beer cans in the past.

HOWEVER:
This past weekend, someone decided the bank from the river on to our lawn was a good place to climb.
Climbing the 20 ft. bank in our back yard does not make you a good rider, it's not a huge pinnacle to make it over. all it does is make you look like an a-hole. There are plenty of places to ride and climb other than my back yard.

To the hero from the weekend; Open you eyes! Could you not see that our house is 200 feet from the river? Are you going to come back and replace the seedlings you ran over & re-seed my lawn where you tore it up with your donut attempt? Are you willing to stop by my house so we can have a chat about this in person? Can I bring my sled to your house and do a donut on your lawn?

This may seem like a small issue to some, but once again one or two idiots are adding to the stereotype most of us are fighting. More land owners are going to be fencing and closing their fields due to crap like this. I might be one of them.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont blame you for being pissed. I have climbed the bank on the sturgeon river only to find myself in someones front yard by accident. I have tried to be as quiet and easy while turning around and leaving without doing any damage. But to do a donut and continue riding is fawning ignorant.

Reactions: RXN

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the same guys that were ripping up some lawns in Lacombe around the holidays.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sad part is even if your land is fenced, if they want in they'll go in. Especially hunters. Only thing you can really do is put up no trespassing signs and hope you catch them in the act. Other then that not much we can do.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to ignore this, but still mad.

We live on the Blindman River West of Blackfalds and we leave our gates open so everyone can ride in our fields. We haven't had any serious problems with the exception of some garbage and a few beer cans in the past.

HOWEVER:
This past weekend, someone decided the bank from the river on to our lawn was a good place to climb.
Climbing the 20 ft. bank in our back yard does not make you a good rider, it's not a huge pinnacle to make it over. all it does is make you look like an a-hole. There are plenty of places to ride and climb other than my back yard.

To the hero from the weekend; Open you eyes! Could you not see that our house is 200 feet from the river? Are you going to come back and replace the seedlings you ran over & re-seed my lawn where you tore it up with your donut attempt? Are you willing to stop by my house so we can have a chat about this in person? Can I bring my sled to your house and do a donut on your lawn?

This may seem like a small issue to some, but once again one or two idiots are adding to the stereotype most of us are fighting. More land owners are going to be fencing and closing their fields due to crap like this. I might be one of them.

Most people are creatures of habit, this person will likely ride past your house again. I would be putting up a big sign on my land saying "thanks for wrecking my seedlings!" and an arrow pointing to where they were. They will see it the next time they come by.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen your sign on the weekend. I can't believe someone would think they should climb the bank into your yard. There's snow bank along the entire river that go into fields. Some people's kids !! Nice spot you got there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's bad to see this happen to people who let people onto their property but this is nothing new I see it all the time up at my lakelot and farmers are starting to close the areas off. Some people I talk to even if the gates are closed they say if u go through put the gate up I do it the easy way I stay out and the biggest thing is the parents of a lot of the people should show how to do it and this might help but I dought if this will help.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We see it on our trail all the time. We build a trail and sign it to stay on the trail. People still ride all over the place. Seems just because they have access it means to them they can go any place they want. Time to make some changes on how we all ride. Times have changed and fences get built and gates closed

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modman was right - once the first track was there, bunch more decided it was fair game. Put up a sign and started stacking bales on the other trails leading on to our lawn.

Hard to believe how dense some of these guys are - even my 10 year old son said "They don't have any respect for other people". Pretty obvious that this is someone's back yard!

At least everyone is slowing down to read the sign now (and maybe think a little). My trail camera has some nice pictures also, so I'm waiting patiently for a specific group come by again so I can have a chat with them.

Although I'm still wild about this, the gate is always open for anyone needing help. Just use the green gate & the trail we use.

1074small2.jpg 1073small2.jpg

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people are creatures of habit, this person will likely ride past your house again. I would be putting up a big sign on my land saying "thanks for wrecking my seedlings!" and an arrow pointing to where they were. They will see it the next time they come by.

They will probalbly just point at the sign and laugh with their a-hole buddies and go do it again just because they can. Some people just don't get it and probalbly never will. JMHO

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modman was right - once the first track was there, bunch more decided it was fair game. Put up a sign and started stacking bales on the other trails leading on to our lawn.

Hard to believe how dense some of these guys are - even my 10 year old son said "They don't have any respect for other people". Pretty obvious that this is someone's back yard!

At least everyone is slowing down to read the sign now (and maybe think a little). My trail camera has some nice pictures also, so I'm waiting patiently for a specific group come by again so I can have a chat with them.

Although I'm still wild about this, the gate is always open for anyone needing help. Just use the green gate & the trail we use.

View attachment 167511View attachment 167512
Did you get any good pics of my orange rzr on sat .....lol

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of douchebags out there and sadly Ab. seems to have more than their fair share. On the weekend a group of sleds/quads pummeled my rink I had built for my kids on the river. Granted it is on public land but wtf??

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of douchebags out there and sadly Ab. seems to have more than their fair share. On the weekend a group of sleds/quads pummeled my rink I had built for my kids on the river. Granted it is on public land but wtf??
Some good goal posts frozen into the ice might help....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
upside down harrows

View attachment 167511View attachment 167512

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
house looks like it is on the flood plane, went by there a while ago wondered who built next to the river. may need to stop by for a cold beer.

Top Bottom