Blew up my 04 rmk 800

boatworks

Reaction score
I have a 04 Rmk vertical edge with 4000 miles no problems it quit today got it back to the truck pulled the head off and on the pto side the piston has some small brassy material on it with out taking the jug off it has a few small scratches on it any idea im thinking bottom end???

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for my motor back right now. Crank failure is common on the Poo 800. Whatever you find to be the source of your issue I'd measure crank runout at the very least so you know where your bottom end is at.

Sorry I can't give a good diagnostic on your issue.

boatworks

Reaction score
Ya i had one fail on my other 04 polaris crank broke under the pto connecting rod but i was able to ride it back to town.. it only had 1300 miles on it.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your bottom end will need to be rebuilt, 02-04 800 are famous for having crank issues you have to put the tough boy bearing kit in, i just rebuilt mine, you can buy a complete bottom end from indy dan who has a store on Ebay called indyspecialty and it comes with a 3 year warranty.

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look into Indy Dans bottom end, its pricey but it has a warranty. In reading his info. The problem wont be fixed with the wide bearing kits. The majority off the crank problems on the 800BB is from having terrible cases. Who ever you have do it make sure they line bore the cases and put as much effort into making sure the cases are as ready to go as the new crank is. If not the new crank will head south in a hurry.

Top Bottom