blaeberry

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So took a ride up blaeberry today with the girlfriend. Snow conditions where pretty good for the area. Lots of traffic has been up here, but the trail is in great conditions. There is active logging up here at km 2. You can park at the normal spot or at km 3. About 3ft in the valley bottom around km 18ish. From there it just gets more. Tried the bowl around here but got turned around due to snow and major sidehills.

Jordo22

Reaction score
Is there any decent riding there? I remember my dad taking me there when I was young but it seemed like basically a trail ride.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any decent riding there? I remember my dad taking me there when I was young but it seemed like basically a trail ride.

yes there can be. right around km 17ish there is a road heading to the north.... take this one, you will be on the north side of the river. As well at around 38ish you can head to the valleys at the south that just border on yoho/banff park. Was gonna try the valley up fisher mt.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it good for newbs like me? need practice turning!! mountains are so different, but soooo much fun.....I only hit one tree my first outting and rolled twice....hahah.....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it good for newbs like me? need practice turning!! mountains are so different, but soooo much fun.....I only hit one tree my first outting and rolled twice....hahah.....

it is good for newbs, lots of logging roads with fresh pow up here. goto the above noted places and you will find some stuff to ride.

xltmaniac

Reaction score
Any riders interested in hitting blaeberry on Monday, January 23rd?My girlfriend and I will be renting from GSR the 23rd and 24th. We are used to trail riding on 121 tracks in Ontario. Last year we rode two days in Quartz Creek and one day in Blaeberry, so we are newbies when it comes to the deep stuff.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was up here again this weekend. Went up to km 38ish and hit the valley to the south that takes you up to banff/yoho park. Snow is VERY nice up in here. Right around the 55/6000 mark she was excellent, bumper deep or bettter all day. Next weekend we may try the vally up fisher peak.

Jordo22

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for this post. We have a couple guys that come with us occasionally who find most of our riding just too steep so I think we'll give this a try on our next visit. Any pics by chance?

xltmaniac

Reaction score
My gf and I will be riding two Summit 800 rentals at Blaeberry all day today and Quartz Creek on the 24th. If anyone wants to join, I will PM my cell.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oler.them side hills lead to a sweet tight bowl....did ya make it to Cyrstal Mtn? At 34km Big spring riding on back side,And bow Glacier boundry

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope never made it.... second round in we where up at km 34... yea big ride... bring gass.... shouldnt say to much, would hate to see the gorman people head out this way. ;)

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
34km? hahaha no wonder we never made it. Tried here this past monday to go there, gave up on the icy/dirt roads must not be a place for spring riding? Will have to try next winter.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya totally no spring riding there and willows are 10 ft tall:) another 20 km if ya go the right way....Big!climb's,just stay off bow glacier and out of the park

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah we ran into some locals biking the trail we were trying to sled on:rolleyes: they said make sure you stay out of the park its easy to end up in there. We wont be beat I will make it into there:d

Last edited:
Top Bottom