Blaeberry trail

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one know approx how much snow is there?? Is it higher elevation than Golden, as there's not much snow in town

you can get as high as you want if you know where to go or just fallow any road.lots more the golden haha.you just drive as far back as you can and drop sleds.NO marked trails.best I'll tell without paying i put a lot of time out there this summer 15k,17k,and34.5k get you in to alpine bowls and for great!views go up trapper main(it's marked yellow sign red writing) and keep to right at the Y will put you up the big zigzag cut you can see from town.Im guiding there on dec 11/09 for trail ride.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of taking the wife here what is it like? Is the trail marked well? Any play areas off the trail?

Blaeberry area is mainly old logging roads...keeping in mind that lots of our logging roads are big goat paths LOL. You drive as far as you can on the main road, it should be obvious by the time you go if there's snow where to stop. Then ride the road as far back as you can go or veer off on the many logging roads. Lots of these roads deadend in cutblocks, but you can get some nice views and if the snow is plenty, the cutblocks make fun play areas! Just make sure the coverage is good if you venture off trail- there's lots of stumps. If you can, check google earth and see what kind of terrain it is. You can get some nice deep snow on the trails if your timing is right!

Like Carbon says, you can get up quite high on different roads in there and the further back you go the better the scenery and the snow gets. Most of the roads have names of some sort and most just deadend and return back down to the main road. We also spent lots of the summer checking out all the roads on bikes, plus it helps us alot to ride with a guy who drives logging truck in all these areas so he knows which road goes where. :D

Thanks Redrocket! Still can't believe you drive truck on some of those roads!:eek:

Last edited:

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your thinking,hospital creek and wet&wild has operation up there have collection box at trial head on west oster Rd they groom with skidoo.but no free for blaeberry or outfits

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your thinking,hospital creek and wet&wild has operation up there have collection box at trial head on west oster Rd they groom with skidoo.but no free for blaeberry or outfits

True Dat Carbon...I just realized that the tours were at Hospital....going to edit, thanks ...:d

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carbon the wife and me are going to be in golden that weekend how much do you charge to hookup with the group on the 11

Top Bottom