black smoke from my 07 rubicon

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
hey guys and gals. i am having a little problem with my honda rubicon. it is an 07 with under 1000km's on it. anyway we went to chump lake about 2 weeks ago and i havent had time to unload the quad since then until today. i started it just fine but noticed little puffs of black smoke when it was idling. it idled great and when i went to move it, it sputtered and coughed out black smoke. making noises like popping and running like crap. i checked the oil, it is good, i checked the airbox and it is fine too. i didnt swamp it or anything and it ran great when we rode. how can almost 2 weeks on a trialer cuase it to blow smoke? and it isnt blue smoke.:confused:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
thanks for the quick reply. how would i check the carb float? and would that cuse it to blow black smoke? there was nothing in the airbox that i could see. just seems weird.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
no not a lucky guess.lol. i posted about it several places and called rob at accurate dyno. most said to check a few different things and i checked the other things out already. they are good, so i figured it out to be the carb bowl float. i did figure it out myself.... with direction from others like you. thanks again.lol.

Top Bottom