Black Rhino Performance ECU & EFI Controller-Rhino 700

durion

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 09 Rhino 700 Sport. It seems a shame to not get this thing going faster with the improved supension. I has I beleive 26" Executioner tires and I clock out at between 66 and 69 Kph.

I have been researching alot and I am looking for something that is simple to install and user friendly. I would have to say my biggest concern would be getting all excited on the trails and blowing the engine with out the RPM limit.

I found this one online from Black Rhino.... has anyone used this one yet. It seems it piggy backs off the stock CDI.

Any suggestions.

Would you all recommend just doing the clutching or doing both???
I am new to this and suggestions would be helpful, expecially if you have the 09 700.

Thanks

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ignition box and Machined clutch are nice mods to do together.I can go 80kph with 27 inch zillas. 93 with stock tires

durion

Reaction score
I am reading about alot of problems with the CDI, some say hicups at 20 KPH some say they have to start it a few times cause it chokes out.

So which one is good and which ones are bad.

Should I let my engine break in a bit before installing something?????????

durion

Reaction score
Do you have anything else with it?? Or do you just have the Black Rhino installed???

Also has anyone had problems with clutches with wider tires???? I had a guy tell me to upgrade the clutch because the bigger tires are hard on it. Any truth?????????

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ignition box and Machined clutch are nice mods to do together.I can go 80kph with 27 inch zillas. 93 with stock tires

NICE would like to ride in that but im not tryin to rub it in but my rzr still faster without mods for speed 68mph only have a pipe and 27 swamps

BWHAAAAAAA LMAO :beer::beer::beer::beer:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just the black rhino. and 26" tires. I will be honest and say anything above 70km going down the road the handling gets a little squirly. I really do not understand why everyone wants these for speed. I prefure low end grunt. You can only go so fast down a trail anyways. At least the ones I am used to. Buy a dune buggy for speed
MY 2c

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NICE would like to ride in that but im not tryin to rub it in but my rzr still faster without mods for speed 68mph only have a pipe and 27 swamps

BWHAAAAAAA LMAO :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Not everyone wants a little rzr....

Attachments

• brokeback-poster.jpg
    brokeback-poster.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 56

durion

Reaction score
That is funny.... No i only really want the speed for cruising down the road to get to some of the offroad areas. Going 68 kmh down a range road is very painful. I honestly stay in the low gear on trails, at least till i get use to driving it. Dont want to kill the kids this early in there life.

durion

Reaction score
And no those helmets are not dot approved but they sure are homo approved.

Muddy Waters

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken that Black Rhino controller is made by MSD and is the same one that's on the UTV Canada website. Price would be the same after you factor in exchange, shipping and brokerage...............

Black Rhino

Reaction score
I have the dyna tek in my 700, it'll now go 80kmh, however, now it starts and quits, then the second time you start it you're good to go. Also, it hiccups ocassionally. I'm going to leave it in, as I'll put up with the querks, as the rev limiter was more irritating! It's really screaming at 80 kmh, that engine likes to cruise down the road at 70kmh. Before I put the chip in the rev limiter would start cutting in at 66-67 kmh. Hope this helps.
BR

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we best choices as weve sold them are dragon fire box by msd it works, they know ignitions... cooper head by vdi (velocity devices) both have had no issues., both about 500. ish plug and play very noticable difference..... just put a msd on our demo rhino cant wait to try it

feel free to call me if you have any other questions on your rhino or any prowlers .... we dont run stock,,, at least if we can help it

T:d:d:d

Top Bottom