Black linQ jerry can

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than getting back into one of the glory holes that you only get into once or twice a season, and realizing you can't tear it up because you dont have enough fuel.
i've actually taped a 1 gallon jug of fuel to each ankle with duct tape and my jerry can on the back.(don't try this at home) With the linQ system i'll just carry a second jerry can on the tunnel.

Cookie please !!!!!!!!!!

Thats awesome taping fuel cans to your body... You don't smoke right?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
deep days at rutherford.... gas is mandatory.... we've had to do a few tow outs and made it back to the parking lot on fumes multiple times. might heli a big tank way out there this season.

haha .. send me the coordinates i'll pay the tab ;)

On top of carrying my spare jerry, I strap a 20L jerry to my CFR ski rack.. my buddy puts 2 5L jerry's in his foot wells and rides up the trail with them then stashes them while riding

would be sweet to have a few drums of fuel on the mountain top.. just install an interac machine and a gas pump and you make so much money ;)

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem i find is not that i cant run my etec out of fuel before the end of the day... its i end up leaving early cause the other guys (poo and cat and to be fair older doo's) ran out first.

I have to ride the piss out of the etec to match fuel with a reg ride on any other sled. Its insane this etec..... and dont forget the oil... sip sip sip.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem i find is not that i cant run my etec out of fuel before the end of the day... its i end up leaving early cause the other guys (poo and cat and to be fair older doo's) ran out first.

I have to ride the piss out of the etec to match fuel with a reg ride on any other sled. Its insane this etec..... and dont forget the oil... sip sip sip.

I can't wait !!! riding my rev was actually costing quite a bit on gas and oil.. $80-$100 on gas EASY on deep days and $20 on oil...

the one etec guy in our group ended up giving his gas to the revs and cats in order to keep riding lol .. this year there should be lots more etecs :D

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to topic....

I think that looks really good. I may pick up a small DIY kit at Canadian Tire and try mine....

There is a line -x place in wct I'm pretty sure he told me wct, my brother got the grill of his truck done there and his bumpers done there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spudnik

Reaction score
I have had to add a couple of times . But those are the days we all dream about. 3-4 feet of fresh all day . Pinned most off the day. You dont want to run out on those days. :rolleyes:

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than getting back into one of the glory holes that you only get into once or twice a season, and realizing you can't tear it up because you dont have enough fuel.
i've actually taped a 1 gallon jug of fuel to each ankle with duct tape and my jerry can on the back.(don't try this at home) With the linQ system i'll just carry a second jerry can on the tunnel.

Cookie please !!!!!!!!!!

Ex smoker I hope

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone use that much fuel? Like I know guys that don't run an extra can, usually is min 10 guys and at least 8 have fuel so no worries for the two others but my iq 700 running all day will burn a bit over 3/4 a tank. Guys with turbo pros were not adding fuel. Only guys I've ever seen add fuel was a 900 cat and a piped m1000. As far as I'm concerned 1 gallon is enough.... I'm thinking next sled will have an etec and I'm thinking the mountain addiction half ga half bag Is the way to go

I have to add fuel to my dragon 800 pretty much every ride. Not just 5 mins before the truck either, usually still up on the hill. Our group has pro's and dragons and most of the time at least half of us have to add fuel. I've burned a tank of fuel, and 2 10L Jerry cans a couple times aswell, carrying gas is essential for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vets07

Reaction score
i have an etec and usually just take one gallon (enough to get me home) have a rack on my tunnel that works awesome. I can pack a cooler or fuel very versatile it can actually hold a 20L tank for the deep days.

I got it from these guys

pigfarmer

Reaction score
I went through this whole section, and no links to the Line-X Jerry can. Does someone have a link for it. Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I went through this whole section, and no links to the Line-X Jerry can. Does someone have a link for it. Thanks

There are few posts regarding the painting of the red can. Crappy Tire sells spray cans or kits of Line-X patching stuff. I did my can and used 1 spray can. I used the product that said it was good for plastic. The other brand doesn't list plastic. Hope this helps.

IMG_1651.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FS, how has the Canadian Tire line x stuff held up on the jerry can? Just bought a can of the for plastic stuff myself but thought I'd double check with you before applying it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
FS, how has the Canadian Tire line x stuff held up on the jerry can? Just bought a can of the for plastic stuff myself but thought I'd double check with you before applying it.

A year and a half later and that can doesn't look any different. I did take the tape off the spout but otherwise it has sat on the shelf ever since. I have never used it, so I can't tell you how it would stand up. Somebody on DooTalk used the stuff and they were pleased but my experience is definitely lacking. Sorry.....:noidea:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, unless it's a liner type product, it will look like chit in a matter of a few rides.

So what if your jerry is red? I think it looks better than a painted black with a bunch of red showing from wear and tear...

Ask Rowdy how hers is lol\\I think she has a pic or 2.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't last with the line x spray can coating. Two rides and it was showing through. I regret doing it.

Top Bottom