Black linQ jerry can

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone use that much fuel? Like I know guys that don't run an extra can, usually is min 10 guys and at least 8 have fuel so no worries for the two others but my iq 700 running all day will burn a bit over 3/4 a tank. Guys with turbo pros were not adding fuel. Only guys I've ever seen add fuel was a 900 cat and a piped m1000. As far as I'm concerned 1 gallon is enough.... I'm thinking next sled will have an etec and I'm thinking the mountain addiction half ga half bag Is the way to go

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone use that much fuel? Like I know guys that don't run an extra can, usually is min 10 guys and at least 8 have fuel so no worries for the two others but my iq 700 running all day will burn a bit over 3/4 a tank. Guys with turbo pros were not adding fuel. Only guys I've ever seen add fuel was a 900 cat and a piped m1000. As far as I'm concerned 1 gallon is enough.... I'm thinking next sled will have an etec and I'm thinking the mountain addiction half ga half bag Is the way to go
x2 and made some dark to dark way back to holy grail and gas light came on for long ways and still made it out without extra fuel.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you flatlanders :p

on real deep days in the mountains i've seen etecs run out of fuel + the jerry by noon

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with sledneck_03 I pack extra gas around every trip to the mountains and not once have i ever had to use it and just end up lending it to someone else. By the time a tank runs out i'm so wore out from the entire days riding that and its close to dark anyway so we head down. And i am in decent shape by the way. That all said for the extra little weight it still doesnt hurt to carry some around.

P.S I'm a flat lander too but can't remember the last time we had enough snow in our home province to ride

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The LinQ system has lots of potential. The bar that is under the gas tank can be used to make a snowshoe rack or something to carry the chainsaw on for those trips following storms but I don't know if they are available separately. I'm still researching!

As helpful as the reps were are the sled show, they really didn't know that much. They wondered why a guy needed snowshoes and a chainsaw........thought I was a little different, lol.

There are different parts to the system in the quad section and I'm looking......

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use our Jerry cans one out three rides on average. ❄❄❄❄��

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The LinQ system has lots of potential. The bar that is under the gas tank can be used to make a snowshoe rack or something to carry the chainsaw on for those trips following storms but I don't know if they are available separately. I'm still researching!

As helpful as the reps were are the sled show, they really didn't know that much. They wondered why a guy needed snowshoes and a chainsaw........thought I was a little different, lol.

There are different parts to the system in the quad section and I'm looking......

Let me know what you find Doug .. my dealer is out of ideas on this. Says there is no available parts unless you buy another jerry can and take it apart for the bottom bar.

I've been looking at mounting my CFR ski rack to the linq system.. but it looks like I'll just drill into the tunnel

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my REV I was into the jerry almost every ride. The Etec will be better, but I will pack fuel regardless. If anything, for someone else on the trail.
I always dump it near the trail head or cabin anyways and rarely carry it with me. If you ever ride the glaciers or anywhere else around Whistler or Pemberton, you will be glad you packed it!

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends on the day sometimes i take up a extra 8 gal of gas and use it all
sometimes don,t even use the extra 3
the time of year(daylite hours)is usually why
so i sure hope this 2013 e-tec is alot better

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh you want a hero cookie douche bag?

What a punk. Gotta love the net eh, sled neck comes on yapping hey I don't need fuel never carry extra no one needs to carry fuel, Then sideways come on says hey u flatlanders, i sometimes use my fuel by noon so I carry fuel ....... And you get to calling him names and acting the a$$ hole.
And you call him a douchebag ?
You give your opinion, it's all good, he doesn't agree and gives his, he's a douchebag.
Putz.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are too funny, who cares!!!! I came off a m1000 & it was always thirsty but sayin that always rode long days usually. Packin extra gas is like packin a first aid kit....use it if you or someone in your group needs it. Cheers

hotwing

Reaction score
you flatlanders :p

on real deep days in the mountains i've seen etecs run out of fuel + the jerry by noon

deep days at rutherford.... gas is mandatory.... we've had to do a few tow outs and made it back to the parking lot on fumes multiple times. might heli a big tank way out there this season.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than getting back into one of the glory holes that you only get into once or twice a season, and realizing you can't tear it up because you dont have enough fuel.
i've actually taped a 1 gallon jug of fuel to each ankle with duct tape and my jerry can on the back.(don't try this at home) With the linQ system i'll just carry a second jerry can on the tunnel.

Cookie please !!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom