billet wheels

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought some billet wheels for rhe rear of my sled im running a 2 wheel conversion on my 2007 m1000 and someone told me that since these new wheels dont have rubber on them they will cut my track but i have seen alot of sleds with these types of wheels on should i think twice about running these or has anyone who has these type of wheels had any issues??:confused:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a two wheel kit on my summit . both have no rubber on them and they aren't cutting the track, been on about three years now. aprox.1000 miles or so maybe a bit more. however both edges are kinda rounded a bit and not sharp. i remember reading in a post last year that some have sharper edges on them and may cut your track.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i did make sure to see that the edges were rounded and not too square and thanks for your input

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
I put 9 inch on my a couple of years ago. :cool: My track does have some premuture wear at the running point of the wheels. I also put some on the top buy the bulk head. They do tend to freeze up :( so need to keep an eye on that. The ones with rubber on the outer edge got better traction with rubber on rubber. But not sure if that is what is causing the wear. :rolleyes:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought some billet wheels for rhe rear of my sled im running a 2 wheel conversion on my 2007 m1000 and someone told me that since these new wheels dont have rubber on them they will cut my track but i have seen alot of sleds with these types of wheels on should i think twice about running these or has anyone who has these type of wheels had any issues??:confused:

3 yrs on a set so far, no cuts in the track.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the edges are radiused they will not cut the track. I have never had icing issues either, but mine are anodized. Not sure if that makes a difference.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive been thinking about these wheels icing up and i wonder if theres a special greese you can pack the bearings with to reduce friction in cold temps

kanders

Reaction score
i run alot of billet wheels. they dont hurt the track but they do ice up if you dont have the rubber ring. anyone have a solution for this?

Yes, get the ones with the rubber or urethane rims, Specialty sells them.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i have billits on my sled and i got marks on my track on it, just a lil square puncture every 2 drave lugs i think, but its only the surface rubber, no cords or anything showing after 2000 km so i dont think its a big deal

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got rubber startn to peel on my track where my billet wheels run. must be from them icing up. i dont have the rubber rings. still got a couple years on track. no worries. all the more reason to buy a new track.....163???:d:eek::cool:

Top Bottom