Bike/car........???

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Anyone ever see one like this? It's actually registered as a car.

Attachments

• BIKE.jpg
    BIKE.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 215
  • BIKE2.jpg
    BIKE2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 215
  • BIKE3.jpg
    BIKE3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 211
  • BIKE4.jpg
    BIKE4.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 215

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not everyone can afford fancy trike for $50,000 up here..takes a lot of talent to make that,AND get it to pass our Provincial Inspections.. I know, I do those out of province and salvage inspections.
I built a trike for my wife in 97 from a $200 Honda CX-500 and a Hyundia Rear diff, Princess Auto fenders,we put 5000 kms on it and sold to freind in 2002 and he out another 15 on it.and he sold it to someone else whos hopefully still rding it.My dad taught me to Weld Good!

Attachments

• 1981  CX-500 Trike.jpg
    1981 CX-500 Trike.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 315
  • Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
not everyone can afford fancy trike for $50,000 up here..takes a lot of talent to make that,and get it to pass our provincial inspections.. I know, i do those out of province and salvage inspections.
I built a trike for my wife in 97 from a $200 honda cx-500 and a hyundia rear diff, princess auto fenders,we put 5000 kms on it and sold to freind in 2002 and he out another 15 on it.and he sold it to someone else whos hopefully still rding it.my dad taught me to weld good!

well done kenvb..... Very original. Took a little fabricating, i bet!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That things has got to push right thru turns if you're not careful.
Should've used a k-car :)

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had one built from a Tracker come up for a meet in 2008.It took him hours at the border to get it across.It was registered as a trike in New York state but the canadian customs wasn't sure what it was and told the owner that it was improperly registered LOL,but finally let him in.I will get a picture of it and post it here.

Another thing that has me puzzled is if that is registered as a car then he would have to abide by the mandantory seat belt laws.No way I would tie myself to one.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys should go to a BTW Rally sometime,
BTW Brothers of the Third Wheel
theres all kinds of homemade trikes there, with the laws changed in canada regarding homemade trikes, there wont be many new ones made,
we cant even go to the US and bring back a Gold Wing with a factory made Trike Kit,Some Politician - Treehugger found out about a accident involving a home made Trike that was built in some ones garage and had them all Banned .
think this was why Lehman Trikes moved to the US.
I installed a side car instead last yr, didnt like that,sold it, might buy a trike kit now for next big bike.

wwwtriwingindustries

only trike kit built in canada .and cheapest of ALL trike kits made today.

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a member of The Brother's Of The Third Wheel and have been for quite some time.We have about 70 members in Ontario.

You can still build them here but insurance is high.About 2000 a year now.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever see one like this? It's actually registered as a car.

Should have left the windshield on so it looks like someone's riding your butt. When you catch people looking, just keep looking behind you and braaping the throttle like you can't get away. Call it the "ex"

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a fellow that built a custom show trike from scratch.By the time it was finnished he gad over three years in it.

Top Bottom