BIG MOUNTAIN FREERIDING CLINICS WITH CHRIS BROWN 2 more dates added...

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will focus on everything from Avalanche Training to Riding Skills workshops. Chris will help you improve your boondocking skills, sidehilling, hill climbing, deep powder descents, jumping, suspension set up and much more!!! My clinics are open to ALL levels of riders.

EARLY DECEMBER.mov RidewithChrisBrown - YouTube a short little video from the other day...

January 13-15 Golden, BC sponsored by Mountain Motorsports
January 27-29 Whistler, BC sponsored by Diamondhead Yamaha
February 3-5 Valemount, BC
February 17-19 Golden, BC sponsored by Mountain Motorsports
March 23-25 Whistler, BC sponsored by Diamondhead Yamaha

Please go here for more details and to sign up for

Attachments

• IMG_4557.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys...I guess it doesn't like copy and paste. Now it's simple...takes you right to my website. That WAS hard to read...

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris
Are these clinics geared towards the advanced rider looking to get even better?
Newbies? Or a bunch of everything???
Id love to come out and learn for sure
I only get west maybe 2 times a year and ...... Well i guess im a decent rider, but certainly not as good as the guys that ride the deep stuff 90+ days a year
How does ur clinic cater to different experience levels????

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These clinics are designed for all levels...I spend 100-150 days a year riding and refreshing my wilderness first aid/cpr and avalanche courses. I hope that I have something to share with everyone.

Chris

Last edited:

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had people ask if they could participate in my clinics as a beginner or intermediate. The answer is YES. My clinics are not a follow me ride...we will be focusing on improving your riding skills. I guarantee everyone will learn something they didn't know about avalanche safety/awareness too. I want you to go home with better riding skills. I will also show everyone how to read terrain and how to perform a QUICK and EFFECTIVE tranceiver search and recovery. Hopefully nobody will ever have to use these skills but you could at least pass them on to your riding buddies...after all, they would be the ones saving you if you were caught in an avy. The avy training will take up Friday evening and just a little bit right away Saturday morning and then it's right to skills workshops.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion...my clinic is not a "follow me" type clinic. I ride A LOT and I have A LOT of AVALANCHE AND WILDERNESS FIRST AID TRAINING and want to share what I've learned riding/filming over the last 18 years. It is a super fun clinic for all levels...

I will have a professional photographer/cinematographer along with us to capture everything on videos and photos. The photos will be available to all of my students at no charge.

Cheers,Chris

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT

I think this thread needs a refresh ;)

I was talking to Chris at the sled show about the opportunity to do photos, and he said that he doesn't really leave Whistler/Pemberton much as they have awesome snow and unlimited terrain, and his clients always come to him, so he never has to. Definitely nice to see Chris stepping out of the Slednecks zones to bring his skills and knowledge; what a great opportunity for those of us who don't make it down 'that way' much. The opportunity to be filmed and review your footage is really cool too! I know that subjecting my photos to critique was the fastest way to learn and hone my skills. It is intimidating at first, but entirely worth it: and its something you don't see offered in other clinics. I know when I watch myself ride on video I see things that I didn't even notice at the time... (I'm usually thinking: OMG, I suck... sadface. Haha!)

I posted this in another thread about the value of Riding Clinics, when someone (rightfully) asked why they would pay money to watch someone of "fame" in the sledding world ride around. I think this is a common reaction- the clinics aren't 'cheap' and value for dollar is a pretty big deal. This is what I know:

For me paying to go to a clinic last year, it was part fascination and part desire to be better. Having been involved in the making of some sledding movies, I know that there is alot more involved than what you see on the big screen... Alot of downtime and alot of the effects are somewhat due to cinematography, camera angles and editing as much as they are to great riding ability. Going to Rasmussen's clinic after watching him in movies was motivated by a fascination with the icon, as well as curiousity to find out if he is really as skilled in person as he is on the big screen. And, being a newer rider, I really felt like challenging myself with a steep learning curve in the presence of an awesome teacher would be a great investment in skill development.

I can honestly say that for my husband and I it was worth every cent. First off, it was jaw dropping to watch that calibre of riding right in front of me- all day long. It wasn't eight second edited snippets of greatness; rather, it was all day awesomeness and a highlight of my sledding memories. And, our teacher turned out to be just a really great, friendly, humble human!!

Second, I learned, and continue to practice, a tonne of what I saw and did. I may not have mastered it on the weekend of the clinic, but it continues to pay dividends almost a year later. I have been lucky enough to sled with some of the best in the west and never learned half as much. But paying money to learn from someone meant that I got some dedicated time and honest constructive feedback.

Third- accommodations and food were included (and were awesome) and really helped boost value. Finally, we had a great group of participants and made some really funny memories while we all learned and pushed the boundaries a little more.

To each his own I say- but just because it has a higher price tag doesn't mean you shouldn't keep an open mind. You might be surprised what you don't know that you didn't know ;)

The fact that Chris actually takes the time to set up fun courses and skill challenges as well as offer professional photography is another bonus. The avy training is icing on the cake: Even if you have your AST credentials, it can only help to have a real-world refresher... Think about it: as if it wouldn't be the coolest gift under the Christmas Tree???

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls...the Valemount camp has 6 spots open, the January camp in Golden has 2 spots left and the February Golden camp has 6 spots open. Should I add one in McBride?

I will also be teaching a couple fun AST1 classes after the new year. I'l post some locqtions and dates soon!

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris,

How many people to a camp? Just trying to decide between a camp or maybe coming out to Whistler for a more focused ride. The drive has a big impact on the descision...

Top Bottom