Big bores and nitrous vs turbo setup

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I;ve always wanted to try out the 1800cc genisis big bore. 360hp 230ft/lbs all motor. Can you imagine that with a turbo? And on NOS..lol:bow:

15_800_VEP2.jpg

Only two that ever ran well were in the hands of Rich Tison and Brent Linderman, If PSI tuned it....it never ran well IMO. Doubtful that it made 360 HP either.

Reid Hedlund used to run a 1500 PSI that went good as well, but I think he tuned it himself also.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only two that ever ran well were in the hands of Rich Tison and Brent Linderman, If PSI tuned it....it never ran well IMO. Doubtful that it made 360 HP either.

Reid Hedlund used to run a 1500 PSI that went good as well, but I think he tuned it himself also.

Could be, thats what PSI claimed the hp to be. Even if I could afford one,
I still wouldn't get one,, but I'd still like to take a properly tuned one for
a burn up some big ass mountain.
(if I remeber correctly Tison sold turn key sleds with the motor,on NOS! Claimed 450hp.Called Crazy Mountain Xtreme I think?,,Now that would be fun!!)

It's been a long time, but I rember them having dial a dome heads on them
that you could change between 12to1 and 18to1 compression. I liked that idea
but who knows how that would work out.

Would be good for a comp hill climber,, but probably not to good for an everyday rider thats for sure.

Any ways that was a dream of mine from years back,,Now a days I just want
to try that 750hp, 1300cc, Nitromethane Kawaski Hillclimber from kamloops I think? Altough I relise Nitromethane is a wide open On/Off deal and burns like 1gallon of fuel a second...lol

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
isnt that rated R made by CR racing??

yah getting into that much of a engine doesnt compare to a turbo for price any more
id rather go turbo than run a large motor like that, thing would weigh alot to
but this is getting more than just a big bore lol

there needs to be sum one who makes a solid BB for the new 800 CFI

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(if I remeber correctly Tison sold turn key sleds with the motor,on NOS! Claimed 450hp.Called Crazy Mountain Xtreme I think?,,l

No, CMX is still in business Welcome to Crazy Mountain Xtreme Motorsports, Tison is not longer building sleds. They are two separate companies.

Tison sleds were almost race sleds, but very refined and very nice work, top of the line everything. Rich knew his stuff for sure.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tison sleds were almost race sleds, but very refined and very nice work, top of the line everything. Rich knew his stuff for sure.

Yah for sure,,those things definatly looked like the ultimate mountain sled.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
There was a few big triples that ran well from 1404 hoopers to 1800 psi's, theres more around then you would think.
-Brent L has a 1720cc 300 hp with 150 shot of nitrous lightweight drag sled.
-Cr or Gary Christopher (bank) has a 1620cc then went to the 1800cc, I raced against this red sled a few times.
-Rated R was gary's drag bike cr built a chassis around the motor, nice work.
-Cr tried a turbo on the 1620 didn't work.
-Reids 1500 psi was in a chromoly hillclimb chassis, motor was built at psi.
-Rich Tison owned Tison perf, his mechanics did the work, they used psi and UB motors, rich rode the sleds they built whatever people had money for. based on polaris chassis.
-CMX builds lightweight chassis's based on late 90's polaris chassis. met him in Jackson hole in 03 and got him set on our motors when I worked with ET, with the 900cc and 1150cc billit motors which he called the 1220 for marketing, bigger must be better.
-Most of these big motors had reliablilty issues with the large 98mm-100mm lightweight wiseco pistons, pistons clearances had to be right and check often.
-Polaris 800 cfi bigbores, well, I was going to build one but since the motor is based on the 440,600,700,800 bottom end small block. there isn't enough port area to make efficient airflow in the small motor, I was considering a 850cc or 880cc kit with cast pistons but it wouldn't make any more power then a 800 ported with a head, maybe less.

You can check out some videos on our website of the 1800 triple and our big twins.

Matty

Reaction score
How do I know those are your motor ideas and not ones you've "borrowed" from Art over at Engine Tech.....?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol here we go again. LHF IS THAT YOU? IS YOUR NAME MATT?

LOL Nope - it ain't Matt. Welcoming another member of the Terra Alps fan club.

Matty - leave it alone or take it to the PMs if you have a beef with Ted, we've heard this story 50 times before and the horse is already dead, stop beating it. Its easy to make accusations on the internet.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
How do I know those are your motor ideas and not ones you've "borrowed" from Art over at Engine Tech.....?

well who ever YOU are doesn't really matter to anyone as you hide behind your keyboard.
Maybe you can explain what I borrowed from art from engine tech?
or are you refering to the good times we had years ago building motors spending hrs a day on the phone transfering information, he dynoed at his shop and I tested them in the mtns. and went to races promoting our kits? art stayed here and rode and I went to his place and we dynoed stuff. until things were slow and he couldn't provide parts, and I waited 6 mths for paid stuff? while our clients waited pissed off. All the motors I reported for clients free of charge for mtn riding that didn't work from back east. Just to keep them happy. Is that what you meant? (The list can go on.)
Or information I got from Greg over the years in pipe design and how they work to my motors and how motors should work with pipes. or Polaris racing back in the day and other people that helped me out along the way
Is that what your refering too?
I thought so,
why don't you call me if you want information then you don't have too make yourself look like a fool so everyone can see.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.
778-478-9955

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well who ever YOU are doesn't really matter to anyone as you hide behind your keyboard.
Maybe you can explain what I borrowed from art from engine tech?
or are you refering to the good times we had years ago building motors spending hrs a day on the phone transfering information, he dynoed at his shop and I tested them in the mtns. and went to races promoting our kits? art stayed here and rode and I went to his place and we dynoed stuff. until things were slow and he couldn't provide parts, and I waited 6 mths for paid stuff? while our clients waited pissed off. All the motors I reported for clients free of charge for mtn riding that didn't work from back east. Just to keep them happy. Is that what you meant? (The list can go on.)
Or information I got from Greg over the years in pipe design and how they work to my motors and how motors should work with pipes. or Polaris racing back in the day and other people that helped me out along the way
Is that what your refering too?
I thought so,
why don't you call me if you want information then you don't have too make yourself look like a fool so everyone can see.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.
778-478-9955

I got to admit that was well said. MATTY post you name if you want to bash.

sledlicious

Reaction score
I have a 2010 xp with a 40 shot (came off my 08). I just recently heard that I should be using a race fuel or av gas mix. Why is this? And could av gas be mixed down with 94 oct? Any help would be appreciated.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
no you will be fine... make sure your fuel is good though when running nos.

if you want to be safe run a gallon or 2 of race fuel in each tank on the nos happy days

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do people go on here to bash people like come on now grow up!! Ted builds an amazing product I just got my heads back had it for a quick break in ride and the thing pulls harder than ever now I'm very pleased with it!!! Ya it may take awhile but if you want it done and want it doen right you gotta wait and have patience no one should be bashing Ted at terra alps he builds one mean machine THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING TED

Jared Szakacs

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run a 885 bb with nitrous, in a xp and from what i have seen this year you need a good runing turbo setup running 10 plus lbs to stay infront, then if your on nitrous they will need more boost

been out with more than a few, and its more comparable then you think, with less lag

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run a 885 bb with nitrous, in a xp and from what i have seen this year you need a good runing turbo setup running 10 plus lbs to stay infront, then if your on nitrous they will need more boost

been out with more than a few, and its more comparable then you think, with less lag

LOL you keep telling yourself that.

Chris

Top Bottom