BF650i performance

Jonesin'

Reaction score
I have a '07 BF650i and I am looking for suggestions to get it to "hook up" or "launch" better. I want some low and mid range power. I don't us the top speed very often, Only when travel to and from the Farm. I have 26" Mudlite XTR's on factory steel wheels, no other mods. Any suggestions?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '07 BF650i and I am looking for suggestions to get it to "hook up" or "launch" better. I want some low and mid range power. I don't us the top speed very often, Only when travel to and from the Farm. I have 26" Mudlite XTR's on factory steel wheels, no other mods. Any suggestions?

Throw a maroon primary spring in and it will give quite a bit more snap on the bottom end. I paid $21 dollars from my dealer and it is incredible how much more power it feels like.

Jonesin'

Reaction score
Maroon Primary spring it is then and maybe an ignition mod. Thanks to all who responded. As I said before and will continue to say, this is a great site with great people.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4byrookie, i have a 06 prairie 700. pretty sure installing the maroon primary spring would be a good idea. are any special tools required for this?

mudlover

Reaction score
Website
www.quads.ca
I have the same bike but with 26'' mudbugs Jonesin'. I installed the maroon primary spring and it does give the bike a LITTLE more snap but there is a slight hesitation at the start, but you get used to it. You do lose some top end speed but not much.
Then I put in a Moose mod and it woke the bike up at low end throttle and helped abit in the mid range, none for top end.

I would suggest the moose module for a start, then when you get used to it and get bored, spend some extra $ and get the Dyna chip. For now I'mhappy with the Moose mod as with all the snow here I haven't tried it yet in summer conditions.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same bike but with 26'' mudbugs Jonesin'. I installed the maroon primary spring and it does give the bike a LITTLE more snap but there is a slight hesitation at the start, but you get used to it. You do lose some top end speed but not much.
Then I put in a Moose mod and it woke the bike up at low end throttle and helped abit in the mid range, none for top end.

I would suggest the moose module for a start, then when you get used to it and get bored, spend some extra $ and get the Dyna chip. For now I'mhappy with the Moose mod as with all the snow here I haven't tried it yet in summer conditions.

If you just changed the primary spring you should not lose any top end, unless you went with your bigger tires at the same time. When I got my spring done I can still go exactly the same speed as before I just get there a bit faster.

As for the moose module everyone I know that tried them loves them for the price.

Top Bottom