BF650i performance

Jonesin'

Reaction score
I have a '07 BF650i and I am looking for suggestions to get it to "hook up" or "launch" better. I want some low and mid range power. I don't us the top speed very often, Only when travel to and from the Farm. I have 26" Mudlite XTR's on factory steel wheels, no other mods. Any suggestions?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want to put the EPI burgundy spring in the primary clutch. It will give you a little more engagement rpm and it will be more responsive down low and hit the tires a little harder. You will really notice it in the mud. I've installed lots of these springs in BF's Twin Peaks and 650 Cats and not had one customer than didn't like it. If you need anything else or some more power give me a call. Dan, Extreme Machines 403.748.2219

atvmodster

Reaction score
Either a VDI or Dyna tech ignition. They help alot! I also recommend a jet kit and aftermarket exhaust. Kawis respond good to those mods!

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want to put the EPI burgundy spring in the primary clutch. It will give you a little more engagement rpm and it will be more responsive down low and hit the tires a little harder. You will really notice it in the mud. I've installed lots of these springs in BF's Twin Peaks and 650 Cats and not had one customer than didn't like it. If you need anything else or some more power give me a call. Dan, Extreme Machines 403.748.2219

I am curious which one is the burgundy spring as it is not on EPI's website?
I have the maroon primary in my 750 and love the difference over stock, quite a bit more bottom end it seems like.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put an hmf on her and let her bark....... dyna tech cdi works awsome, i put the highlifter superduty clutch kit in my brute im only runnin 27'' lites now and the bottom end is really good, flip yeah over bsckwards if your not easy on the gas and you get good traction.

Jonesin'

Reaction score
Maroon Primary spring it is then and maybe an ignition mod. Thanks to all who responded. As I said before and will continue to say, this is a great site with great people.

atvmodster

Reaction score
I actually have a dynatek i could sell if you want. I found it today when i was cleaning. I took it off my 650 when i traded it in and i was going to sell it and i forgot about it.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you wanna wake that thing up you could allways put some high compression pistons and a cam in it ...

fersch

Reaction score
Ive got a 2008 650i And i ask the same question .I put a hmf penland pro exhaust on it and a k&n air filter and a epi clutch kit and changed the jets to a 140 front and rear and put a chip in it and also changed the needles WOW you want bottom end torque and power, do all that stuff.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That it does.Hey do you find a good snorkel kit for it.

Go to and do it yourself. costs about $60-$80, and you can customize them however you like to make it look how you want it to. I did my own and it wasn't as hard as I thought. The kits are all the same materials they are just cut to basic design lengths.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that looks nice and easy eh? and for only 80 or so.

It cost me just over $90 to do mine but I did mine out of PVC then changed and used steam vac hose so I could route it easier. I also had alot of extra fittings I couldn't return as I cut them up trying different things and junked alot of them. If I had followed those directions and did it just once it would probably have been around $60 bucks.

D-Train

Reaction score
I actually have a dynatek i could sell if you want. I found it today when i was cleaning. I took it off my 650 when i traded it in and i was going to sell it and i forgot about it.
Any chance you still have this DynaTex for a Brute Force 650i? Just bought a used '07 and would be interested in beefing it up a bit.

Darren

csw1510

Reaction score
If all you're looking for is a helping hand in the bottom end, moose module is the way to go. You don't need any other mods, it gets rid of the initial engine retardation and gives you full power from a stop (wheelie central!). You can get them at most dealers for about $100. Not near as costly as a Dynatek (which is also awesome, but people have had tuning problems with them) or a Coperhead (easily the best product on the market as far as aftermarket cdi's go...but you pay through the nose for it).

The moose just piggybacks on your stock cdi and you're off!

Personally, the exhaust didn't too much for power gains on mine - that's with the jet kit, but it does sound awesome...also, I would wait to do the tuning until you've got all that you want done to it. Snorkles tend to make the bike run rich, as all the corners really hinder the air flow to the air box, the exhaust allows more air to leave, the aftermarket cdi effects your spark..etc, etc.

It can be a real pain to get the Brutes to run perfect once you start playing with "power mods", but once you get it right...WOW...they're just awesome!

Cheers

Top Bottom